cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Credit Card authorised but not claimed by NowTV

Two issues:

1]inability to contact NowTV via email and the difficulty in finding LiveChat again 
2]my credit card is fine but you sent me an email this morning saying you couldn't take payment.

I would rather not have to post this on the forum but I cannot find LiveChat again (was online with LiveChat for a long time with no success. Reference number: 01032219.) or indeed any email to contact NowTV.

The 'How To Contact' message goes round and round in a loop without showing either the LiveChat or any email hence having to tweet or post here. God alone knows how I 'found' LiveChat in the first place!

I spoke to my credit card company and they authorised the payment - several times - but NowTV failed to 'claim' it. So why are you sending my emails as if it is my fault when it clearly is not?

And why is it so hair-tearingly difficult to sort anything out?

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the How to Contact page is just that, a how to, if you read through it again it shows what you need to do. (Tip don't search for How to contact them).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A link to the email or LiveChat or even a pop-up with LiveChat would be helpful - without having to go through endless screens! And I tried the contact link at the bottom of relevant page only to get the looping again. Sorry, not good enough. Why can the information not be available on the same page as how to contact? 

PS I can understand if it is to point in the right direction ie cancellation which then pre-fills in the form but my query is not listed. So, again, I think the information on the main how to contact screen would be far more helpful. And less annoying 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I just searched for "payment" picked this help page, at the end of the article was a Contact Us button (not the How to link at the end of the page), and from there I found buttons for both Live Chat and Email.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - I get that (now). But, for what it's worth, that is several keystrokes to get to a screen that is still only partially relevant to my issue (ie credit card payment not being claimed). And, with the best will in the world, if you are worried about continuation of service, you really do not want to be trying various different options to get to to a contact email/chat.  You want it to be easy to find not to actively play Hunt The Relevant Contact Details!!!

So I *still* think that should be on the main How To Contact screen. 

btw, thank you for responding.

Euphrosene

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post. 

Veyr sorry to hear that it's been diffcult trying to contact us via Live Chat.

We really appreciate your feedback, this has been noted and will be passed on.

Have a nice day.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but I am also still having problems with NowTV not claiming the credit card authorisation - as confirmed by my bank - they have authorised it 'several times'.

I do not know what else to do since the card is fine and there are funds. Somehow there is a glitch and it has to be that card (the previous one is no longer used).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, despite various NowTV emails telling me the credit card issue was a KNOWN ISSUE and that it had been flagged to your higher tech team, I not only get reminder emails to pay (when I cannot) I have NOW BEEN DENIED ACCESS ALTOGETHER!!!

I have TRIED TO PAY and YOU have a KNOWN ISSUE which YOU tell me you know about and yet YOU deny me access???

Great service. NOT.

Please fix the issue today and take the payment or I will not bother with your wretched service again.

And if you cannot fix it despite days and days and days of me trying to pay then it would be a courtesy to offer me a month free of charge!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're still receiving emails, these are automated. Can you let us know what you mean when you say you've been denied access now? what is it that's happening? 

I'm afraid we can't promise a fix today, the issue is being investigated by the right team and will be fixed ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reminder emails may be automated as the LiveChat woman mentioned but a little later I got one saying 1 day left, then another saying 'it's goodbye for now' - and when I went to check the account it had indeed ceased to be current.

Hence my ranty posts and emails since no-one had the courtesy to extend the pass due to a fault of NowTV!

As it happens, when I went back to check (yet again!), it then offered me a Buy Now as if I was a totally new customer (meaning the autorenew STILL does not work) and I thought I'd check it - and it went through. Meaning I now have till Dec 9th. 

But this is NOT good enough. You have messed me around when the fault is clearly yours ie NowTV and acknowledged as such, yet instead of providing good customer service and ensuring I have continuity of service, NowTV cancels it with a 'goodbye',

So I am still deeply displeased with the poor customer service. It's all very well responding promptly (as indeed you do) but it's fairly meaningless if absolutely nothing is done and my service is cancelled through no fault of my own.

And I have LiveChatted and emailed and tweeted etc and still got the same polite standard response with nothing done except service cancelled.

I presume the same annoying thing is going to happen on the 9th Dec?