cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Credit Card Company Confirm No Attempt To Take payment

I've been a member for years, but have recently recieved an email from Nowtv saying they couldn't take this months amount from my credit card account.  

The card is still well within it's date, it is nowhere near my limit and the comany confirmed more than once that no requsted for payment has been recieved this month from Nowtv.  

I've had a few Nowtv Live Chats about the problem and was assured it would be okay.  A Live chat the other day suggested  that I simply update my credit card details with the same information - which I did.  

However, I find today that my account has now been terminated because of the payment not being taken.  

So just now I get onto Livechat once again, but the problem remains unresolved and the agent ended the chat with no resolution.

Not a very good recommendation for Nowtv is it.  

Any suggestion on how to resolve this problem?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User NOW TV have identified an issue with their payment systems and some Mastercards. Hopefully they'll get this resolved shortly.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what do you see in your passes?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems this is nowhere near to being fixed! My solution was:

1. Go to Tescos.

2. Buy a brand new NowTV box with either a free 2 month pass or even better a free 6 month pass.

3. Throw the brand new NowTV box in the bin.

4. Put details of the free pass into My Account.

5. BINGO - 6 months viewing for less than half the equivalent monthly fee.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,I received an email on the 22/03/2016 saying to update my card details as u couldn't take payment, I've spoken to my bank this morning and we have checked my account and there is no reason, I.e blocks or anything on my account to stop you from taking payment so I'm not sure why you can't?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User are you sure that the card hasn't expired or was replaced last month?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I called my bank and no problems there, I then checked my card details on my now to account and there was an error the card type was in as a visa and not a visa debit, not sure why and all other payments have been taken fine, but maybe others should double check there's as well.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still having problems with auto-subscription-renew not working with a Marks & Spencer Credit Card. I got M&S to give me a new card with a totally different Number. This worked for the very first time this last month but like my previous M&S card refuses to renew!  I can not switch to a totally different Bank's Credit Card because I don't have one and I don't need one just for NOWTV. 

Please please fix the problem with M&S Cards not auto-renewing

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your auto-subscription.

Unfortunately, although this is an issue we're working alongside M&S to fix, there's no fix we can offer at present besides using a different card.

We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing but we are working on it.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still having problems. When are you going to fix this problem

For more than six months I've been unable to auto-renew using a Marks & Spencer MasterCard

It had worked perfectly for several months

And STILL Sky has been unable to fix this problem.

Very annoying and p*ss*ng me off no end !

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Dunzy

Just a possibility but have you ever thought of using a pre-paid credit card, I understand that they are quite popular nowadays.

Personally, I've never used one so I do not know the pros or cons of using such a card but, I'm sure, if you check it out you may find having such a card beneficial.

Hi Rob-T

My advice to Dunzy is based on the premise that Now TV does not have any objections to accepting pre-paid credit cards as payment. However, if Now TV does not accept PPCCs then Dunzy please ignore my advice .

UK Bob