cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Credit Card Company Confirm No Attempt To Take payment

I've been a member for years, but have recently recieved an email from Nowtv saying they couldn't take this months amount from my credit card account.  

The card is still well within it's date, it is nowhere near my limit and the comany confirmed more than once that no requsted for payment has been recieved this month from Nowtv.  

I've had a few Nowtv Live Chats about the problem and was assured it would be okay.  A Live chat the other day suggested  that I simply update my credit card details with the same information - which I did.  

However, I find today that my account has now been terminated because of the payment not being taken.  

So just now I get onto Livechat once again, but the problem remains unresolved and the agent ended the chat with no resolution.

Not a very good recommendation for Nowtv is it.  

Any suggestion on how to resolve this problem?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User NOW TV have identified an issue with their payment systems and some Mastercards. Hopefully they'll get this resolved shortly.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still No Joy

My Credit Card & Address had been blanked out but even after reinputting my details I still coud NOT buy a pass.

Dunzy

PS. My CC is still valid - I used it in town only this morning

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last month my Now TV Movies renewal could not be affected by MasterCard. 

After fruitless workarounds i was given a 1 month's Pass for free with the hope that the problem would soon be fixed. 

Alas - my December payment has NOT been able to be taken!

i thought this problem had now been fixed; seems not!

BTW - My Credit Card is valid - I only have the one and I use it several times a week. 

Regards

Dunzy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem.  Email today to say can't take payment.  Credit card people say nothing wrong with my mastercard.  Great.  Why all of a sudden is there a problem?  Get the tech people to sort this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. Sort it out Sky please

Walking Dead is on Monday!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Thanks for your posts and sorry about the delayed reply.

We recently had an issue with Mastercard issued by certain banks. This was resolved, however now it's affecting other banks. 

Turn around would be to use another card (Visa). I know it's not ideal, however this will get you viewing. Our technical teams are on it and hopefully will resolve it as soon as possible.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now I receive an email to say my monthly pass has been cancelled and it's goodbye for now!  Charming.   What a strange situation where someone wants to subscribe but the company can't get its system to take their money!  Presumably I now take my custom elsewhere and advise others to avoid NOW TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been affected by this NowTV issue since 9th November when my Sky Sports monthly pass was due to renew and didn't because of the NowTV issue. I have been contacting NowTV by live chat regularly since then but still have no resolution and I cannot watch the Sky Sports that I bought NowTV boxes to watch.

I've checked with my credit card company repeatedly and there is not a problem with my card. Now TV Live Chat have told me this is a NowTV issue and not my fault but still are unable to offer any solution to allow me to purchase the Sky Sports Monthly Pass I want to continue subscribing to and are no longer offering any continuation of service while they resolve their issue. I am now without any Sky Sports channels, I do not have a VISA card and it doesn't seem possible to buy a Sky Sports Monthly pass voucher, I honestly do not know what the problem is with NowTV as I haven't had any problems with my card with any other payments I have made to any other organisations.

I was told on Monday night and Wednesday morning that I would be contacted by NowTV by email to sort out restoring my service but I still have had no contact. Please can someone from Now TV contact me as promised. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you - I've replied to your email - I've followed the instructions but I still get exactly the same error message and am still unable to buy a pass. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV have just revoked my membership. I thought I had done everything I could to resolve the issue such as this live chat...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:03:17): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Andrew. How can I help?
Me (30/11/2015, 20:03:42): I received 2 e-mails with the following text "We haven’t been able to take payment for your NOW TV Pass."
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:04:32): Hi there.
Me (30/11/2015, 20:04:45): I have contacted my credit card company and they say there should be no problem taking payment. I cannot 'update' my card details because they are all correct.
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:05:09): No worries, I'll help you with it.
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:05:57): Let me check this for you.
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:07:23): I see that the account has two passes and both are pending with activation.
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:07:35): I will activate it from my end to see if it works.
Me (30/11/2015, 20:08:15): These two accounts have been in use for many months, why the sudden issue with them?
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:08:51): This might be because of some technical issue.
Me (30/11/2015, 20:09:44): So can I leave this with you to sort?
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:10:41): Thanks for your time.
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:10:48): I have sorted this for you.
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:10:53): It is now active.
Me (30/11/2015, 20:11:57): I don't understand why this has been necessary. Can I assume payments will now be taken successfully?
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:12:17): Yes, it will be now taken.
Andrew (30/11/2015, 20:12:29): And you will not face this issue again.
Me (30/11/2015, 20:12:32): Thanks, I'm gone.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

But shortly afterwards they sent me an e-mail telling me "It's hasta la vista for now"

Andrew is correct. I'll "not face this issue again" because they have kicked me off!!!!

How much marketing money did they spend to get me to sign up?????

I'm not going back!!!