cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Check out my situation, is this fair/normal?

Hi all, I'll dive straight in with the situation.

I have:

NOW TV Entertainment Pass

NOW TV Movie Pass

Devices in my house:

1 x iMac

2 x MacBooks

1 x LG TV downstairs in lounge with NOW TV app

2 x YouView (Humax) PVR's, 1 upstairs in master bedroom, 1 downstairs in lounge both with NOW TV apps

1 x Roku 3 with NOW TV app upstairs in master bedroom

2 x iPhones 

2 x iPads

.... and I cant watch NOW TV properly on ANY of them! Here's why.

As we know NOW TV kindly restrict your paid viewing access to only 4 measly devices, so I went with the 2 x YouView boxes attached to the TV's, my iPad and Macbook which are both away from the house sometimes.

PROBLEMS

The YouView/Humax app does not show the Entertainment Pass content. I have read elsewhere this is something to do with streaming rights or something, I don't know, or frankly care. Companies need to sort themsleves out and stop all this BS - however if I don't authorise NOW TV on the YouView boxes then some of the "content discovery" and search features don't operate as they should do as it would need to be able to connet to NOW TV to work properly. I bought the Humax's for seamless, integrated viewing as they both offered TV and net based viewing, however I wasn't aware before buying is that the NOW TV app does not offer all content on it, seems both suppliers forget to mention that in their marketing. Cheers, guys. 

Instead upstairs I can just go to Roku solely to watch the Entertainment Pass content - so that's now a 3rd device on my list and it's attached to the same TV as the Humax. 1 x TV needs 2 x devices to work propely. Great.

I then have exactly the same issue downstairs, Humax won't show Entertainment Pass content so I have to authorise the LG TV app to access that - so that's now the 4th device taken and I have no more left! 

End result I have 4 devices being taken up by only 2 TV's and I am forced to authorise all 4 because if I don't the fmaily and I can't watch ANY Entertainment Pass content. 

Therefore I can no longer watch NOW TV outside of the house on any mobile device or computer. 

HOW DOES THAT WORK, NOW TV?

I am still charged the full amount and as per recent announcements I am losing channels from the Entertainment Pass and having to pay more for the Kids Pass come June so that the kids can get their stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do here? I am on the verge of cancelling the entertainment pass as I would rather have movies access on my iPad.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User why are you still using your YouView boxes as your registered devices? You can watch movies, ents and sports on the Roku and LG TV so no need for either Humax. This will free up another two slots for either a laptop, tablet or phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I mentioned in my post, YouView have some nice integrated content discovery features, I can access NOW TV content via Humax catch up features, recommendations, suggestions, related items etc. If I don't authorise the Humax boxes none of these features would work and you'd need to change TV inputs every time you wanted to watch something from NOW TV. 

Netflix have managed it.