cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monopoly and Now Tv Passes

Its great to see that Mcdonalds are giving away free now tv passes to lucky winners who can find them. So far ive found 3. But after reading the now tv t&c regarding this promotion that you can win 1 x 2 Month movie pass. 1 x 2 Month entertainment pass and 1 x sports pass.

Im now left with a Now Tv Pass that I cashed in for movies but cannot use because ive already claimed a movie pass via this promotion.

So to one lucky person reading this. Im about to post the Now Tv Pass.

Take into account before using that you must not have a active sky movies pass running as you will unable to enter the pass.

Please reply to this post once the pass has been used.

<Voucher code removed> 

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I recently exchanged 10 spares for a month of nowtv cinema but for some reason, when i enter the code into the voucher slot, it isn't accepted and instead I repeatedly receive "hmmmm, we don't recognise that voucher"
Anonymous User
Not applicable
So, we won a cinema pass for three months, added it to our account and got a message at the end of the process telling us that it had been installed successfully and that we needed to cancel in august, or we'd be charged.

Checked my bill this evening, and we've been charged for the last two months!

Sent a message to the live chat and of course, they can't find any mention of it at all.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. There's more info on the promotion here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/mcdonalds-monopoly-win-win-2017

One possibility if you had the entertainment pass before is you may have applied the code to a different account and the old account is still renewing. Worth checking any other accounts you might have to see if the McDonald's code is on that. Alternately it's possible the McDonald's code didn't apply correctly and you could try applying it again if you still have it.

Worth cancelling the pass that you are being charged for so you don't keep getting charged, and if you still think you've been charged incorrectly, have another word with live chat and see if they can find another explanation for why your 3 month pass isn't there. Try live chat or you can send a message if you prefer. You'll find both options on this page-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/mcdonalds-monopoly-win-win-2017

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a free pass from McDonald's promotion, and I used it.

I watched family guy Once or twice on an Xbox  360 which I no logner use, and I can't watch now TV on my PC, as there is no plug in for Linux.

I had an email on 19th May, saying this, however it never really implied that I was going to be charged. And I wasn't charged until over a month later.

Spoiler
We’re writing to let you know that your current Entertainment Month Pass offer is due to end on May 24, 2017, and your monthly price will be £6.99. You don’t need to do anything to carry on watching, but if you don’t fancy it, you can review your options or cancel your pass here.

It says my offer was going to end, and the monthly price was £6.99. It doesn't actually say I'm going to be charged £6.99 either. Really it should say "offer is due to end on May 24, 2017, and you will be charged the monthly price of £6.99". Very misleading.

The only evidence saying I was going to be charged was on an e-mail I recieved on 25 April, 2017 right at the bottom of the e-mail in very small print (Small enough I have to zoom in to see it). 

Spoiler
Entertainment Month Pass: Auto renews at £6.99 a month. Or simply cancel anytime. Some of our shows aren’t available live or on catch up. Head to nowtv.com/slating to see what shows you can watch live. Shows are available on catch up for up to 30 days from date first shown. Currently not available on YouView.

Today though, on 21 June 2017, £6.99 was taken out of my account, over a month later with no warning. No e-mail saying I was going to be charged, I haven't even recieved an e-mail with a confirmication, nothing. It's like you have taken my money silently hoping I wouldn't notice. 

Is there any way I can get a refund? I don't want to pay for a service which I am unable to use

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There are a few clues in your post that does mentions about auto renew payment each month after your prize expires should you not cancel.

Here is some further details linked below about the McDonald's prize draw.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/mcdonalds-monopoly-win-win-2017

Firstly, i would cancel your entertainment pass by going to My Account > My Passes and follow the instructions on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Then i would jump over to live chat and explain what's happened, they should be able to assist you further (contact live chat from the link below).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had my code come through from the mcdonalds 10 spares offer, and ha clicked to get the activate the pass in my emails (Like i have previously done), and the page is saying that the code is not recognised. 

Any advice? 

Need it for tomorrow as it the North London Darby.

Thanks in advance.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following information may be of use to you: McDonalds Monopoly Win Win game 2017

Along with the following 'Help Centre' article: Now TV voucher code not working

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

I don't know where else to post this and the help centre here is terrible. 
I took a McDonalds 3 month NOWTV free trial, didn't use it once and came back repeatedly to try and cancel the subscription so I wouldn't be charged. Every time I tried I would be met with technical difficulties specifically on the "My passes" section which according to this forum is the only place you can cancel a subcription. Today I have been charged the 9.99 despite my constant attempts to cancel and being met with "Nothing to display here". This is absolutely ridiculous, as if by magic once I had paid I was able to see my passes and have since cancelled it.

How can I get a refund? Do I need to get in touch with trading standards?

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I would try speaking to nowtv live chat on the link below, hopefully they can assist you further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any idea what the opening hours are for this? every time I've tried theres been nothing there...