cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch Now Tv abroad?

I do a lot of traveling and was wondering if I can view Now TV away from the UK?

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi f6cow,

NOW TV is a UK only service, so can only be used within the UK.

Thanks,

Steve

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This not a solution it is a negative response. We live in a global world in which we pay for services. That service should be available globally.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unfortunately it is down to licences. It seems a lot of people would like to take Now TV with them on holiday. It is a shame not away of saving a program for a specific time to watch offline as I think that this would help.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's marked as the correct solution as it's not possible to watch NOW TV abroad.

I totally appreciate that the world is a much smaller place these days, and people travel a lot more, but content licensing works completely differently.

To be able to show something on NOW TV, we have to buy the rights to allow people to watch in the UK. If we wanted to allow people to watch in other countries too, we'd need to buy the rights to every single country, which would naturally have a huge impact on the price we have to charge customers to watch.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, we live in a global world. My family and I travel alot. We are UK residents.... if we cannot watch Nowtv through the apps then its not worth having and will cancel subscriptions

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I agree, we live in a global world. My family and I travel alot. We are UK residents.... if we cannot watch Nowtv through the apps then its not worth having and will cancel subscriptions

Although we live in a global world, media content copyright protection is regional, not global. 

Protecting the content provided by any copyright holder is a legal requirement which should be adhered to by every company who purchases and distributes such content within their territory only.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I have a subscription for the entertainment package, can I not watch nowtv on my iPad if I disable location services?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Only if you are within the UK or Northern Ireland, VPN will not work with the NowTV app.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If I have a subscription for the entertainment package, can I not watch nowtv on my iPad if I disable location services?

With resect. Circumventing copyright restrictions for the NOW TV service is not a subject that can be discussed on this forum!