cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch Now Tv abroad?

I do a lot of traveling and was wondering if I can view Now TV away from the UK?

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is really not good enough...why?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
That is really not good enough...why?

Because content owners sell the rights on a county by country basis. So whilst you are in France OSC expect to be the only ones showing True Detective and Canal+ for the Premier League.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Most uk streaming sites r the same
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive just experienced the same issue i think... Not able to login to the app abroad on holiday. How disappointing... Cant surely expect a uk resident to buy the same content in every country  they visit... Ludicrous. Netflix is best practice since works fine when abroad so this needs a rethink

second major irritation is the restriction on the number of devices you can use to access nowtv... Equally baffling and unecessary... Cant tell you the number of times ive tried to watch my subscription only to be told ive reached the max devices and i cant change to another device for a month. Just irritates paying customers and so cant be good business. Best practice is again netflix in my view who dont place such a restriction on number of devices. These days its not unusual for a family to have upwards of a dozen devices... And that will continue to increase so please look at increasing the limit to something thats not going to bother legitimate use

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed.. I have 9 tv,s. An iPad and smart phone and when the granddaughters stay that's another 2 iPads... I changed to Netflix 😜

Anonymous User
Not applicable

im not surprised but am disappointed. The huge premiership tv sell off right is something to do with tgis reason. as each country or area has their own agreement so i can't see this changing anytime soon
Legend 5
Legend 5

Mentioning Netflix will not get the Now team to change things. They are similar but different. I wonder if people go on Netflix forums and winge they don't offer things Now do.....
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The reason you can't use your NOWTV box from outside the UK is because of the IP address, if you were to connect to it from another country I'm sure it would know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For only £5.99, Netflix is the best. Now tv should really learn from Netflix. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If we register a device whist in the UK, surely the license would apply if you took that device abroad, much like it does with spotify. It's just a shame. If we could download content like the iplayer and all 4 now do, it would at least help the situation