cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Account is invalid message

Hey all,

After the rubbish online chat hung up on me as my smart box didn't reset quickly enough for him, I'm still at square one.

I can't sign into my account on my new smart box despite changing my password twice and resetting it.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be fab.

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you've just set up your account, have you made sure you've entered your payment details into your account, as your account isn't valid until you do this step? Also, you say you've changed your password already, does it now only contain letters and numbers as some special characters can cause problems with logging into the box. 

If you've done all these steps and it's still not working after a reset, I'd suggest popping back onto live chat and letting them check things again - you've already reset the box so they should be able to take things from there. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received this message after a few failed attempts to log back in afetr doing a hard reset. We couldn't remember our password etc but by the time we had reset our password, we had tried too many times to log in and it now says account is invalid.

I've logged into the account online successfully, so I know that the username and passwod is fine. How do I get the little white box to recognise the new log in details without coming up with this 'invalid account' rubbish?

Any help would be much appreciated.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

How do I get the little white box to recognise the new log in details without coming up with this 'invalid account' rubbish?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you are 100% sure that your new 'Username' and 'Password' are now correct you might have 'hard reset' your NOW TV box yet again...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did a hard 30 second reset, inputted my correct username and password, and I still get the invalid account. I'll try and set up a new account and I'd it still doesn't work, I'll bin it and get a chromecast. I've got too many other jobs on the cards to be wasting time on this! 🙂
Thanks for your help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, finally sorted it. I needed to log in and 'complete my registration' even though I've been using it for the last 3 years. I had to subscribe to one of the passes which I've done and voila! It is al back on.

We only want it for catch up, so it's a shame we have to put in payment info.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

... I had to subscribe to one of the passes which I've done and voila! It is al back on.

That makes sense... You've been caught in the non-subscription circle Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. After doing some research, it seems that doing the full reset has made it that I have to put all of my payment details in again and sign up to a package. I don't know if I can be bothered just to watch the odd catch up program. There are many other catch up devices out there. I'll mess with it some more but if it's a scam to get people to resign up, I'm out.
Thanks again for everyone's help.