cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

12 Months Spring Sale

Seeing in the Spring sale a 12 months pass for £45 looks like a very good deal, but being new to NOW TV I went with the free trial for a couple of days to make sure everything is working fine. Now looking at the 12 month deal I see that it is for new customers and I can't apply it to my account.  Although I already have an account surely I am a new customer. It would be silly to pay for 12 months if you then found it didn't work properly. Do I really have to go through the hassle of cancelling my account and setting up another one just to an offer which I should be entitled to anyway?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

For the 12 month Spring Sale offer to work, what you should have done was to create a new account by clicking on the Spring Sale link on the nowtv website where the nowtv software would have recognised that you are a new joining customer.

Because you didn't follow the Spring Sale link and started a free trial first, the nowtv system considers you an existing customer.

If i was in your situation, i would first try live chat and explain to them that you mistakenly didn't go through the Spring Sale link when setting up a new account and you thought you could add the offer during your trial period and ask live chat is there any way that they can manually add this Spring Sale offer to your new account.

Open the link page below and click on the grey drop down arrow below Anything else to reveal the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but that's not what I wanted to do - like I say why would I want to pay for something without knowing if it works? It seems like a very strange way to do something, either try it and pay more or pay money and take the chance that everything will be OK. Like you said I thought I would be able to add an offer after setting up the account, being a new customer. I will talk to them and see what they say anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I went on the chat and they just said that as soon as I signed up I became a customer so couldn't have any of the deals, even though I pointed out a customer is someone who pays for something and I haven't paid for anything.

I guess it's just one of those market tactics to get people in. I wonder how many people sign up for 12 months without even trying it? Maybe I'll look around now to see what else is available as I've now got 12 to decide whether to keep this or not.