cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

website pretty flaky and support even worse

is it just me or have others had difficulty doing things on the nowtv.com website - trying to order the 2 for 1 offer before new years it took me in a loop sying i was ready to go when i was not - raised a case with support who did nothing and then tried to reply to the mail as instructed with more details and this did not get to them it bounced... then raised another case and no answer at all

really disappointing hopefully not the norm for all expecially when nationwide ad campaign sending many people to this site

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Did you already have your NOW TV account when you tried to get the 2for1 offer? Those offers were only for brand new customers who set up their account as part of the offer, so if you already had your account that would have stopped you getting it. There was a separate offer for existing customers of 12 months entertainment and movies for £99 (although that offer has now finished).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

so i got my box and diligently setup my account to register it as instructed then tried to purchase offer as a new customer... so hard to tell why the logic is the way it is?

Also it would be nice if 

1. the website told you this and did not just fail in the background and take you to page that said right you are ready to go..

2. support bothered to say this or reply to messages sent.

so far experience has been about as bad as it can be which is a shame as might have been useful.

regards

Paul

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yep, because you set up your account first you would be classed as an existing customer so the system wouldn't have let you have the 2for1 offer, which required you to set up a new account when you click the get offer button. It did mention in the terms but you needed to expand that to read it so you may have missed it.

Appreciate you've raised it with support already, all I can suggest is to pop onto live chat, explain what happened and see if they are able to offer you something similar. No idea if they will or not but if you want to try you can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom)

I do like the content NOW TV offers so I hope it doesn't put you off trying the service, you should be able to try the free trials from your My Account > MyPasses page and use the voucher that came with your box.

You might be interested to know you can buy gift cards for NOW TV from the NOW TV website, Game, PayPal Digital Gifts, Tesco, Argos, Amazon, Currys, PC World and a few other places. Whilst not as good as 2for1 they do save a bit of money. Prices are

Entertainment - 3 months - £15
Entertainment - 5 months - £25
Movies - 2 months - £15
Movies - 3 months - £25
Sky Sports Week Pass - £10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thnaks again for replying.

I bought the box from NowTV as just a box no passes or voucher, in the box, and followed their setup instructions in the box including creating an account and registering the box with the plan to then work out what content to then add.

I will try live chat but as you say unlikely that anything will be possible.

Thanks for further info on ways to purchase contact.