cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

unauthorised payments

I have noticed today that £3 was taken today but £11.99 was taken yesterday for services I have NOT signed up for. I used to have a pass years ago but cancelled it when I couldn’t watch anything. I want a full refund as I am not happy that I am paying for something I do not have let alone want. I have paid nearly £30 now & do not want another fraudulent payment to leave my account. I think it’s disgusting that I can’t contact anyone to find out how I get a refund by phone when I do not have any tv passes active.

10 REPLIES 10
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Kitty

It seems like that £3.00 taken from your account is for the Now TV Boost, see pic below:

Now TV Boost.jpg

Is it possible you, or somebody in your household, tried out the free trial without cancelling this pass before the trial ended. 

As with all Now TV passes, unless you cancel them before they end they will roll on into a monthly subscription.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy 

No one in my house uses nowtv as we have netflix & nobody knew I had an account with them as it never worked. I only had the account as I won a 3months pass but could never watch anything as it would not work in my house. My account shows no active passes in there so how can they be charging me for something that is not active? 

Kitty

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Kitty

Unfortunately, the way Now TV works is not based on whether you can watch something or not or even if you have a working viewing device, they are only interested in whether you have a working account.  Sorry, but as a long time customer, I'm being as honest as I can.

Another thing to be aware of, if they see that your account does not have any active passes they will (the following is said sarcastically) "help you out" by starting a pass on your behalf, which will also roll into a monthly subscription.

Therefore, once you have a Now TV account you have to keep an active eye on it and cancel any free passes that have been activated on your behalf. 

So now, I would suggest you go into your account and cancel all the open passes, each cancellation will take between 3 - 5 steps, and ensure you receive a confirmation email because if you don't your passes have not been cancelled.

You should find the following URL helpful:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I have just been into my account & I csnt cancel what isn't there & now tv have no rite 2set up a free pass on my behalf without notifying me of this & then charging me when I didnt ask for it. That is fraudulent as anyone would know. I have no active passes free because if they were free I wouldn't be charged for them but there is nothing active in my account. I have emailed them to get them to cancel everything as I cant cancel what isn't there & which I said in my previous message that nothing is active in my account. I appreciate you trying to help but I can see my own account that has NO active passes that I would be paying for. So they are fraudulently taking money from me that they should never have taken. I would never use these ever again as they take money from you for not using any of their services just to gain profit from others & In my eyes they seem to keep doing it to see how many people dont check their bank accounts often to see how much they can get away with.

You might have a good service with them but I have never been able to watch a damn thing on here let alone want to pay for something that is useless to me and my family.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Kitty

You have every right to be angry, especially as you are loosing money for no reason you can see.

I would suggest you do one more check, is it possible that you have a second account that you've started and forgotten about, you'd be surprised how many people do just this chasing a special offer and then getting caught out.

As for my good service, yes it's good because I'm careful and take nothing for granted because, simply put, you cannot trust anyone, or entity, that has a hand in your pocket. 

Anyway, I would further suggest you contact your bank and withdraw your permission that allows Now TV to take money from your account.  And if requested by your bank, send a copy of the cancellation email you sent to Now TV as well.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I have been having the exact same issue since April 2019! Initially no one could find why the amount was consistently being billed to me and after so many attempts I have now instructed my bank to block payments to Now TV. I had an email from Now TV today saying a payment had been rejected from my bank!!  Again I went into my Now TV account where there are NO active passes, exactly as you have said. I don't dare close my account in case the history is needed, but advise you chat to your bank.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

hi I have been in touch with my bank who are taking it as fraud and have reimbursed both March & April amounts that they took from me. I hope they don’t take any more money from you for something you don’t have.

@ukbobboy 

I do not have a second account anywhere so they have stopped all payments & my bank has reimbursed all payments from last month & this month & are now awaiting a reply from nowtv themselves. 

Hope you you both had a lovely Easter & are staying safe in the given circumstances

regards

Kitty 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They did the exact same to me, even though i signed up for the free trial and cancelled everything an hour later. No number to call and no online chat yo resolve. Crooks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have suffered from the same issue. Signed up for a 5.99 pass and months later I am paying 9.99 entertainment pass, 11.99 movie pass and a £3 boost. These guys do not play fair and rely on you not checking you account.