cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FTTC18
Scholar

unable to find landline number in my account to prove its mine

Hi All,

Any ideas where I might find this information?

"my landline number in my account to prove its mine"

My bill / PDF provides no information - Not even a name or my address.

I am trying to PORT my landline number, but need to provide that it belongs to me.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@FTTC18 

All of NOW bills will not contain personal information. 

Could you not do a "one ringer" to your mobile?

See this thread's solution and hopefully points you in the right direction.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/How-can-I-find-out-my-landline-number/td-p/520204#:~:text=G...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
FTTC18
Scholar

Thank you for the reply.

The news post / link was in March 2020.  The option in the news post and for My Account > Message Centre is no longer an option (Or can't be seen in my account), so I assume it has been removed.  Can you see it as an option in your account?

I need to prove that I own the land line to get it Ported by a VOIP company.  They need to see some evidence that it is associated with my account and all options I have looked at show no telephone number.  Even my NOW TV bill only shows an amount owing (It shows no name; address; telephone number or even my account number)   It is a little strange not to show this information on the bill.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@FTTC18 

No idea mate as I am not a customer for broadband with NOW, only got TV memberships. If I were you call the broadband team.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/cancelling-my-service

Thinking of cancelling? NOW Broadband Members can call 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412475
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
FTTC18
Scholar

Again - thank you for your attempted help.  Unfortunately, I have tried calling on two separate occasions (one in the early morning, one in the afternoon) and the queues were at least an hour to speak with someone (20 minutes - then the line went dead, then calling back it was at least another 40 minutes).

Producing a bill with no name, address, contact number and only a sum is rather odd to say the least.

I am awaiting an email response at the moment and am also hopeful that someone in the community has had similar problems and to see if and how they managed to find or fix the problem.  All the best....

Jayach
Elite 3

Are you saying you don't know your telephone number? I'm really not sure what the VoIP supplier (who are you trying to go to?) would accept as proof.

You do realise that when the number is ported, your broadband will probably cease?

FTTC18
Scholar

Thank you for your interest in the topic.  A brief summary -

I was with NOWTV since 2013.  Always had a great service, apart from a copper fault that occurred in the rain from time to time and was fixed by Open Reach.  Cooper is coming to the end of it's life where I live.  However, I was happy with the current level of service I received.

I was sent an email saying my NOW TV broadband would double in price in September, or I could renew at a cheaper costs.

I tried to renew at the cheaper costs to no avail.  In summary, you must speak with someone before you can renew as you need to manual (yes manually - over the phone - in Aug23 - this may change at a later date if your reading this in 2024) agree a new contract - even though they can not supply this contract via email to read before you call and you can not see it in your online account.

Having tried to call on two separate occasion, I then raised a complaint via email, that although was escalated to a supervisor/manager, as the junior could not answer my questions, there was also little the supervisor/manager could do, as a telephone call was required to agree the verbal contract (Again - that they could not send via email, nor could I look at it on my online account ).  I explained that I could not get through to anyone if I tried to call and was informed that there was nothing that could be done via email, or via my online account to renew (If you read this thread in several months, this may change at a later date and you may be able to renew online in example 2024). 

I explained if I was a new customer, I would not need to call and she agreed and still said nothing could be done, until I had called and agreed to a new verbal contract. 

I then said, what if I cancel and re-join on the same day, would this be possible (Knowing I would be allocated a new land line number) and was told that this would be possible.  However, it would also be possible that when I cancelled, someone else may take my line in the BT cabinet and they would not be able to offer the service at all.  This could of course happen, but unlikely where I live.

I asked if I would need to return my kit (Bad experience with Talk Talk where several years later I had to prove I sent it back, otherwise I would be fined) and was told I did not.  I owned the NOW TV router that I was sent (in 2013 that has never been used)

I then ordered FTTP (Fibre To The Property) with PLUSNET and it was installed in under two weeks and I have five times better speed and at a cheaper cost than my NOW TV renewal.  I am therefore no longer using the NOW TV broadband FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet – Copper To The House) solution.  Also land lines (copper solution) will not be available from 2025, so I thought I may as well go down this (VOIP) road now

Before I cancel my (no longer used FTTC) NOW TV broadband contract, I want to port my land line with Virtual Land Line (.co.uk).  However, when discussing it with them (Chat session) and about my NOW TV situation and billing and no mention of name, address, contact details, land line number on my bill, I was told that proof would be needed before they could switch my number to a port (virtual) - which is understandable, as I am asking for a port solution that I can not prove I own)

Summary – I am not switching broadband suppliers.  If I were, this would not be a problem.  I am asking for a land line that I have owned for many years to be ported (Which in turn will result in my FTTC solution being disconnected and NOW TV broadband being cancelled - which I have now initiated via email as well, as I can't discuss it over the phone.  Email cancelation is also accepted).

Current status. 

1) I am asking the community if they know of any area to find this information in their account, as I could not find it in mine.

2) I have cancelled my service via NOW TV via email and also asked for this information, so that I can arrange for my land line to be ported before the service is cancelled.

Jayach
Elite 3

Thanks, that explains the situation well. I just didn't want you to to lose the broadband if you hadn't realised a port would do that.

Hope it all goes well with porting the number