Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ten quid a month for a spectacularly bad selection of movies

Seriously.....   
I'm so glad I won 3 months trial because I definately wouldn't want to buy it -

£9.99 a month but the selection is tragic.... where's all the new releases (as promised) the blockbusters.... anything. 

Sorry (not sorry) it's a very poor show.   Smiley Mad

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Seriously.....   
I'm so glad I won 3 months trial because I definately wouldn't want to buy it -

£9.99 a month but the selection is tragic.... where's all the new releases (as promised) the blockbusters.... anything. 

Sorry (not sorry) it's a very poor show.   Smiley Mad

Now/Sky have over 50% of the top 100 films on subscription channels from 2017 (around 90 from 2017 in total and rising).

Wouldn't Spider-Man: Homecoming, Baby Driver, Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3 count as a blockbuster new releases that only just arrived in March. Alien Covenant is arriving Friday and Dunkirk in early May.  Compared with Amazon and Netflix there are far more blockbuster new releases.  The only way to get newer is to get them off Google Play/Amazon at £4/rental.

I don't pay £9.99/month but even if all I watched were three movies a month that would be worth it.

PS There are plenty of good movies on Sky Cinema, some aren't blockbuster new releases.  I enjoyed Kubo & The Two Strings the other night.  The sort of film I wouldn't have seen at the cinema nor rented, but incredibly good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im not very happy at all wirh my bills now that ive managed to get inline to view them as between the buddy app and all the technical hitches and my signal dropping constantly, i dint know where you get off chargibg me £10 for sky cinema when i dobt watch films. Ihave been waiting on special offers being posred to me to no avail. AND FINALLY I DONT USE MY LANDLINE APART FROM THE MONTH WHERE I COUKDNT USRME MY MOBIL BUT I CERTAINKY DIDNT RACK UP NEARL 50 QUIDS WIRTH OF CALLS. IM GOING TO BE SUBMITTING A VERY FORMAL COMOLAINT
superglo2012
Scholar 3

I quite agree the movies get worse I am paying £3.99 for 3 months I then cancel it until I get another offer been with Now tv for 6 years, and you are lucky if you get one movie a week that is worth watching. It started off really good when I first payed but this year really is bad I am watching what I have already seen that are older, I watch more of the entertainment as they do have some good shows on, but not a lot on at the moment, Lucky Man season 3 is on soon and Sick Note season 2 but not much else I check out Geektown which has more info on tv shows

www.geektown.co.uk they will come up with any new shows that are also coming out

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @superglo2012

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear Sky Cinema hasn't met your needs recently!

What kind of movies do you like to watch? Is there anything in particular you'd want to see on the service?

Thanks,

Jason

superglo2012
Scholar 3

Hi Jason

Action films are not on and if they are not many new A listers mostly films that were not even released in Cinema and took less money than it did to make the films eg Renegades was one it's ok but not good for Luc Besson story.

superglo2012
Scholar 3

The movies get worse each day, the latest is not even one you can check on in wikipedia, that must be bad and the ones with 4 to 5 stars are mainly really bad boring send to sleep movies,I am now watching more on Netflix and even channel 4 has more to offer in the way of TV ok you might have subtitiles but I would rather something that is good than the rubbish movies that are playing on Now TV

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @superglo2012

So it sounds like you enjoy action movies - let us know if there's anything else!

In recent times we've had things like American Made, Blade Runner 2049 and Geostorm. Did any of those float your boat?

Coming up this week we have Thor: Ragnarok and The Shanghai Job. A bit further out is Kingsman: The Golden Circle and Justice League.

These are just the newer movies and premieres to the service. There's also our back catalogue containing over a thousand movies. We're very happy to feed back any of your suggestions to Sky Cinema. You can also find some upcoming/recent premieres on this link.

Thanks,

Jason