cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KCS
Mentor

temporary suspension

Is it possible to suspend my NOW subscription for a month? I'll be out of the UK so unable to watch anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite

Nows TV service is on a month by month basis on most cases , are you on a month by month deal, or a minimum term?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
chilli2
Elite

Nows TV service is on a month by month basis on most cases , are you on a month by month deal, or a minimum term?

KCS
Mentor

I'm on a month by month, so I could cancel and restart, but I'm on a low tariff (from the summer promotion) and I'm guessing I'd lose that and then would end up paying more over the course of the year.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KCS 

Not necessarily, you will be given email offers and when you go to sign up again you can check for offers across multiple ways outside of email.

In your account
https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/membership/my-offers

On the offers section of the website
https://www.nowtv.com/offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
KCS
Mentor

thank you for the reply

RoyB
Legend

@KCS 

You can suspend your membership for as long as you like, unless you are on a minimum-term deal, but only by cancelling, and then renewing when you come back.

But you have about a one in thirty chance of getting the timing right 😛

Depending on your next billing date and your going-away date, either you cancel well in advance and accept a few (or many) Now-less days before you go away, or you accept that the subscription will extend a few (or many) days into the period you are away.

If you have more than one membership, you have to do the calculation, and make the choice, for each of them.

Then you have to factor in if you are on a deal for each, and whether you will get an offer like that when you come back, or will have to factor in a period at full price before you get another retention offer.

Excel is your friend, but I have always found the breakeven is such that it needs six weeks away before you can cancel and still come out ahead.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
KCS
Mentor

RoyB -- Thanks for the reply.