cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sports pass won't activate

my sky sports pass won't activate - every time i press it takes me back to the screen. how do i fix this?

43 REPLIES 43
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly, never attribute to conspiracy what can be attributed to cockup. If you think about it, NowTV aren’t going to prejudice the multi-million pound Sky empire by trying to nickel-and-dime you out of one Sports Pass...

Having said that, what could be the issue? I just tried my Passes & Vouchers Option, and I can’t see Monthly Sports Pass either, so it isn’t just you affected.

But I do have a Day Sport Pass waiting, which will go active as soon as I start watching any Sports programme.

And I wonder if this would prevent me having the Monthly option, until I have used it?

And I wonder if you have the same? In which case, start the Day Pass, and you should be able to see the option to start the Month Pass tomorrow.

I would think this is a bug, or a flaw in the logic, though, as the clock on a Month’s Pass starts instantly, so NowTV could perfectly well arrange for the Day Pass to remain unspent if I Enter a Month Pass.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having same issue.  Go to start watching and straight back to home screen it goes.  Been holding for live chat over an hour now, that keeps crashing and having to restart.  For a communication company now tv and sky are shocking 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have purchased the sports pass and it's showing under My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and then attempting to watch on the television screen with either a NowTV Stick or Box then try this below has a workaround.

Sky Sports is working for me on all my devices, but there seems to be quite a few people who have just bought a  sports pass and can't seem to start watching any Sky Sports on their NowTV box or stick.

A couple of people said has a workaround to kick start the sports pass on their NowTV Box / Stick they had to start watching Sky Sports on another NowTV device such has the NowTV App on a smartphone or Tablet before they could switch back to their NowTV Box or Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks after starting pass on my mobile it now works on all my devices.  Very strange and has never happened to me before.  Glad I only missed half of what I wanted to watch 

thanks better than live chat