cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phil2
Advocate

new account

hi everyone

can any one help me i have just started with now and went live on 23 june  went into billing and it stated £25.00 was due on the 23 june  next i went i into bills paid and it stated £25.00 was paid on the 23 june all good so far i have got a bank statement and it says payment pending  i phoned the bank and they said now have set up a d/d but have not ask for the money yet  i phoned now but they do not seem to under stand what i am saying  and said i will get a email in 14 days if the bill is not paid as anyone had this problem as the bank says it is now who have to request the payment  suggestions please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@phil2 

I see payments pending on my bank account all the time - it seems to be when I have committed to a payment, but it’s not actually gone out of the bank yet.

Check in 7 days’ time, which gives time for it to happen, and still enough time to go back to Now Broadband if it hasn’t.

But at the moment, it looks as if the ball is in their court, to use a topical reference, as long as you have enough funds in your bank account to comfortably cover this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@phil2 

I see payments pending on my bank account all the time - it seems to be when I have committed to a payment, but it’s not actually gone out of the bank yet.

Check in 7 days’ time, which gives time for it to happen, and still enough time to go back to Now Broadband if it hasn’t.

But at the moment, it looks as if the ball is in their court, to use a topical reference, as long as you have enough funds in your bank account to comfortably cover this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
phil2
Advocate

hi 

yes i understand that i was only asking if anyone else has had the same problem when  they first joined thanks for your replay funds well good touch wood but as you say i will give them another 7 days thanks for your help

phil