cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

lack of help with customer services

been having major problems with internet  dropping out can not get wifi any more than 4 foot away from box  on 22nd of march  lady said would be best to upgrade to super fibre and was told 27.99   said yes   fine . Havent heard anything since even after 7 emails 3 calls . today had to have a online zoom course and  froze and sound stopped  called again and asked why hadnt been upgraded and  all it was sorry  we havent done , so have to speak to someone else at she says will be on super  from tommorow 7th april and she said 27.99 as aggreed  before   got welcome email  and guess what says new price is £35 a month    im totally at end of tether    going to call the ombudsman  as now customer services are not to be trusted and can not afford £35 a month 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a look at this link, switching the Wi-fi channel to 5GHz is far more reliable. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

that has completely gone over my head im elderly and disabled and dont have a clue what the termoligy you all speak  i now that the man whom set up my home cameras said that its impossible for them to work on dual band ?????????? and i have to have cameras  due to having no legs in case i fall at least i can get a carer in i wish people would understand that not everyone  is totally ok with new modern devices there wasnt calculators about when i was younger and  i only press the buttons my late son said i could as i may break it  i really need to get  something done as i cant order anyfood  untill i have an internet working