cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

incorrectly charged

Yesterday I received an email stating that I had activated a sports day pass- I was already using a weekly sports pass at the time and did not request any day passes. I submitted incorrect charge forms and waited for a response. Nothing received back since and have raised a complaint with the customer service team today via web chat who inform me that the device used to stream the day pass content was a PS4, the PS4 devices that are registered to my account were turned off at the time of this supposed purchase. Customer care team have also advised that they are not able to refund the amount of the pass and that I should set up a payment PIN. Surely this is illegal. Will someone please respond to this issue? I am considering cancelling my NOW TV account and the attached payment card so that NOW TV cannot claim any more funds without my consent.....

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Since as far as I know, you can’t be running a Day Pass and a Week Pass at the same time,

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass#panelcollapseSeven

You can only have one Sky Sports Day, Week or Month Pass at a time, but alongside any of these you can also have a  Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass.

I presume the Day Pass does not show up on the account the Week Pass is on?

So the only common link is the payment coming from your bank account, which I presume you can see on your statement?

In which case, it must have come from your debit card, so look in the NowTV Help Account Finder

https://help.nowtv.com/account-finder/

for the last four digits of your debit card, and any earlier debit card you might remember, and see if the Accounts ring a bell.

While a Payment PIN is always a good idea, setting one on the Account with the Weekly Pass won’t help if the Day Pass is on another Account.

One scenario in which the above could occur is if you had a previous NowTV device, an earlier PS4, on a different account number, on your current debit card or an earlier one, you disposed of it without wiping it first, and someone else now has it. But if so, a Sports Day Pass is a pretty modest dip into your bank account, maybe someone just testing the water, so you would need to deal with this before any more Passes get bought.

Or were these Passes actually on the same account, something which shouldn’t be possible, in which case, point that out to NowTV, as it must be a mistake on their part?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB thanks for your suggests.

It's definitely the latter- Or were these Passes actually on the same account, something which shouldn’t be possible, in which case, point that out to NowTV, as it must be a mistake on their part?

The day pass was triggered and viewed (reportedly) at 10:32 on Sunday against my account, I was watching content at this time already as part of a weekly pass, which is why I am certain it is an error. We have checked all registered devices and confirm that no one else besides myself were viewing Now TV (or even in the house at the time of the reported purchase request for that matter). I don't have any other accounts and never have done previously.

Checking the card payment details and I can confirm that the card from my own account was charged. I do believe this to be a NOW TV system generated error. Unfortunately customer service team have not been willing to accept this as a possibility up to now....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Omg, got a second hand now tv box from FB market early this month and registered my details online. Randomly went to my PayPal account to look for a certain transaction, only to find out that now tv have taken money off me listed as follows: 

18th July 2020 £24.99

25th July 2020 £11.99

26th July 2020 £8.99

27th July 2020 £3.00

I tried contacting them for explanation but the customer service is non-existent. Does anyone knows how to contact them not the chatbot crap. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks