Not applicable

i cancelled Hayu after a week and youre still taking payment

can you please reimburse the 2 x £3.99 amounts and cancel Hayu

11 REPLIES 11
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Robert1997

Well Roy

My free Hayu pass was offered to me by email and, after some thought, accepted it as a month trial before making any commitment.

However, if the the pass was applied to my account first and I was then informed afterwards, I would see that as being underhanded, simply because there would be no guarantee that I would see that email or watch any Hayu programming.

And this is my point, if an email is sent to me asking if I want a free pass then that's OK, because whether I see the email or not, I am not committed to a monthly subscription.

However, if a pass is auto activated first and I am informed  later on by an email that I may not have seen, due to it either being spammed, auto-deleted or just my basic human frailties, I am then committed to a monthly subscription without my active consent.

And that I find underhanded.

I hope I have explained myself.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

Perfectly  - thanks.

That seems to be the ideal way for NowTV to do it, and as I explained in my latest Reply in the other thread, I think anything that autostarts is at best inappropriate, and at worst, as you say, underhanded.

But I don’t think I’d mind if NowTV plonked the offer into my account, just so long as they didn’t autostart it, and I could carefully consider it, and whether and when to start it, just as you have with your email.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.