cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregxxxxxxxxx
Mentor

faceless people

i ve been going round in circles trying to write or chat with someone at now tv re a technical issue. is it possible?? or is this the best i can get speaking to other users

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

You will only get other users posting here I'm afraid. If you let us know what your issue is we will help if we can, otherwise hopefully we can point you in the right direction.

gregxxxxxxxxx
Mentor

I access now tv on my samsung tv through a BT you view box.  Every time i access the app on the smart tv   - now tv defaults to logged in status under a n account with my name followed by 18. I know nothing about this account and have never subscribed to it. So i have to go through the awkward process of logging out and logging in again with mt email address account to which i subscribe to now tv.   This poblem only started happening recently. in the past the now tv app stayed logged in to the last user ie my subscribed account.  Even if lofgged into my subscribed account - if i change channels for a second i am again defaulted to the weird myname 18 account. bt say they have had nothing to do with setting up a myname18 account and suggested I contacted now tv. I now realise it is impossible to contact now tv

redchiz1
Champion 2

It is not impossible, use the Chat online button near the top of the page which @gavs82008 posted a link to earlier.

If you are subscribing to NOW via BT there may be an added muddle.

gregxxxxxxxxx
Mentor

I DO NOT subscribe to now ev through BT anbd never have done as it is 40% more expensive and I have no chat online button available other than one that takes me to a bot

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, just click on the image below and go straight for the green Chat online button near the top of the page:

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 21.56.57.png

gregxxxxxxxxx
Mentor

thanks so much for the lnk to the chat to an advisor , ive no idea  how you managed to find that

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gregxxxxxxxxx 

You’ve said you access through the NOW app on the smart TV but also that you use it through your BT YouView box. 

Do you have the native app on the Samsung TV and that’s what you use?

Or do you use NOW through the BT YouView box only?
If so is your billing through BT for NOW?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gregxxxxxxxxx
Mentor

I bill nothing through BT for NOW TV and never have done

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gregxxxxxxxxx 

Sounds more like an issue with the app on the BT YouView box.

Try and do a factory reset to the box.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/factory-reset-your-box/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help