Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: closing account FULLY

@Chel5bells

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've logged in with a different username to the one you used to buy the passes.

Try logging in with any other accounts you've set up (check the My Account screen of the NOW TV app on any devices you use to watch on to see what your username is, or check any emails you've received to see if they have the correct username on them).

When you're logged in with the right account, you'll be able to go to http://account.nowtv.com/passes to cancel.

if you are still stuck after that, have a word with live chat who will help you find the right account. To get there got the following help page and click the start live chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Cancelled-but-still-being-charged

0 Thanks
Wlat
Expert

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

... as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows).

----------------------------------------

Thank you very much for this very useful information.  I had no idea that it was necessary for pop-ups to be enabled in order to follow through the "Cancel" procedure.  I have not seen this documented anywhere else.  I have pop-ups blocked routinely in my Firefox browser to suppress unwanted advertising, so I have now set it up to allow pop-ups exceptionally on the NowTV web site.

This could explain why so many people are reporting difficulties in cancelling their passes!

Wlat

0 Thanks
oopsupside
Advocate

I need to close my account.

Please help.

David

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@oopsupside wrote:

I need to close my account.

Hi  David,

Given that you have an 'account' related issue (which is subject to the Data Protection Act), you will need to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your requirements to them... 

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

0 Thanks
Kish88

Hi, 

I want to close my NOW TV account completely due to a VERY unsatisfactory experience.

Not happy with now tv holding any of my information.

Please can anyone tell me how i can completely wipe my account from their systems

thanks

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kish88 you need to go on to chat and they can remove details for you.  Only data required by law to be kept for fraud reasons will not be removed.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ez4u2c
Advocate

I have canceled my account 3 times and it tell me I am cancelled but on my credit account shows up again and again.

Please Cancel my account NOW today

0 Thanks
grovzee

how do you close the now tv account. they are taking the ######

0 Thanks
WoodyEU
Observer

Hi Ranj,

I also need this account closed permanently as the person died.

This account was for a relative who was paralyzed and unable to speak due to suffering 4 strokes. 

I used my own credit card details so I don't want to leave the account dormant, and it won't let me delete my card details, only modify them.

I no longer give my permission for you to hold my card details for this account, yet there is no way for me to personally delete them, and it's unacceptable that I have to go into a public forum to get this sorted out.

Under English consumer law, when a company holds a customer's debit/creditcard/bank details for recurring payments, you MUST provide a phone number or email address for someone to be able to contact a company so the consumer can query/modify those details and/or close an account.

Makinga customer have a PC/Mac so they can use the chat service is DISGUSTING, UNACCEPTABLE and DISCRIMINATION AGAINST THE DISABLED who can't sit at a PC/Mac (like myself) and also discrimination against the other people who can't afford to have a PC/Mac, and those who choose not to buy more equipment that pollutes the world whilst producing, using and, disposing of that equipment.

You can see the account holders name is different to my card details and my email address, and it took me ages to get the email address changed because we didn't have access to his email account and your system didn't use to let you change it without the email being sent to the old account.

The "contact me" service doesn't work, it just hangs there for hours on end. I'm assuming it's because I'm using an android tablet to use the service, but I don't have a PC or Mac as I can do everything I need to do on my mobile devices (except for canceling this account!) so please don't suggest using either a PC or Mac.

I have my own account with NowTV so I don't want any hassles with my own account and not being able to contact customer support due to it being limited to PC/Mac users.

I trust you will get this sorted out ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Woody

0 Thanks
ateeqimran

Hello Nowtv Team @Aman-S 

Please close my account completely. I signed up by mistake and I wouldn't want to leave my credit card information on the site. 

Thank you,

Imran

0 Thanks