cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

closing account FULLY

Hi, I want to close my account. I tried it for free for two weeks and forgot to cancel on time so was debited for the first month. I still want to close the account though and cannot find any way to do it online myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello, I am getting exactly the same problem.  My account keeps getting billed each month for £9.99 but the pass is not showing on the "My Passes" page.

Please could you tell me how to cancel my Sky Movies pass.  Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In order to confirm whether your passes are active, here's what you need to do...

When you are logged onto this forum: - 

• Click on the 'My Account' button (see the top right of every forum web page). 
  • Access 'My Passes'.
  • Refer to the 'Due On' date next to the NOW TV package you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Movies, Sports)?

You should see something like this: -

The easiest way to cancel your NOW TV service is using a Windows or Mac computer (not a mobile device), here's what you need to do...

When you are logged onto this forum: - 

• Click on the 'My Account' button (see the top right of every forum web page). 
  • Access 'My Passes'. 
  • Then click on the grey coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV packages you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Movies, Sports).

Cheers

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I will send you an email regarding this soon.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need to close my account.

Please help.

David

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I need to close my account.

Hi  David,

Given that you have an 'account' related issue (which is subject to the Data Protection Act), you will need to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your requirements to them... 

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I would really like to close my account as I do not use it but can't find how to.
Regards
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hi, click on @4268's red link just above you to speak to someone about this on live chat. They will help you. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I also have this problem. I have tried on various occasions to cancel my passes, via smartphone, smart tv and PC, as mentioned in previous threads, my passes do not show on my account, however I am billed for them every month.
Can you please advise how I can cancel my passes as I have already paid for two months that I really didn't want
Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Unless your NOW TV subscription is directly through Apple (via an iTunes account) or you've received a NOW TV promotional offer through Vodafone. The easiest way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the grey coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV packages you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Sky Cinema, Sport). You should see something like this: -

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires...

However, if the above mentioned information does not satisfy your requirements, I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'live chat' facility.

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

And just-so other NOW TV customers know: -

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) will run for their full duration, even if they are cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) will 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply Voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their own NOW TV account!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

... as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows).

----------------------------------------

Thank you very much for this very useful information.  I had no idea that it was necessary for pop-ups to be enabled in order to follow through the "Cancel" procedure.  I have not seen this documented anywhere else.  I have pop-ups blocked routinely in my Firefox browser to suppress unwanted advertising, so I have now set it up to allow pop-ups exceptionally on the NowTV web site.

This could explain why so many people are reporting difficulties in cancelling their passes!

Wlat

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've logged in with a different username to the one you used to buy the passes.

Try logging in with any other accounts you've set up (check the My Account screen of the NOW TV app on any devices you use to watch on to see what your username is, or check any emails you've received to see if they have the correct username on them).

When you're logged in with the right account, you'll be able to go to http://account.nowtv.com/passes to cancel.

if you are still stuck after that, have a word with live chat who will help you find the right account. To get there got the following help page and click the start live chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Cancelled-but-still-being-charged

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am moving overseas and wish to completely close my account removing all payment details and addresses etc.

So frustrating that you can't call a number or speak to a person. Please cancel and close my now!