cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

chat not working and need immediate help

I sold my now tv stick last month to cash generator and they failed to remove my account from the stick, and my account has now been used fraudulently and ive been extensively billed. and the chat... ISNT WORKING. how the hell do i get hold of a human??? no phone number??? disgusting service.

0 Thanks
1 Reply
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: chat not working and need immediate help

Hi @ailie-s 

Before parting with any NowTV device, and while it is still powered up, you should press the reset button (on the side of a Stick, on the bottom of the boxes) for 15-30 seconds to reset it and erase all your details.

But the horse has bolted.....

You can fix the whole situation for yourself though, as per this recent posting of mine to someone who had done much the same thing:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Rummaging-through-the-bins/m-p/511977/highlight/true#...

Arguably, Cash Converters should have reset it; our No 1 son has a friend who runs a branch, so I will enquire about it. But it’s not a thing you should ever rely on.

I would suggest though, that it’s not too late to set a Payment PIN on your account, which will considerably limit any future financial outfall from a similar situation (and lots of others that people get themselves into, like a four-year-old left alone watching Peppa Pig, who experimentally activated a Sports Pass).

As regards Live Chat, even if you can get hold of them, they can’t do much more, if anything, than you can do for yourself.

Here’s my take on how to reach them in the future, in case you need them, though:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks