05 Jan 16:58 £0.450

Uk Mobile Calls00:00:19

as you can see 19s, so why 45p?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It won’t matter if you didn’t answer the phone, it’s the connection charge for the ringing. 
This had me a few times in the past where I got charged for “ringing my mobile”

Another reason I don’t bother owning a house phone as all my calls are on my mobile.

Best to call the number I supplied in my previous post

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best solution would be to call the broadband and calls team

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1
Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor

As a guess you don’t have a call plan and your being charged for the “connection” of the call.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

no call plans, as we use mobiles instead.

but she keeps misplacing her mobile, I did not had mine to hand at those 3 times, so use the landline to call, but not answered, only the vibrating to find her phone, then hung up.

even then, even if the call was answered, according to the website, 18p per minute, as you can see, none of them were over a minute, yet charged more than double

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It won’t matter if you didn’t answer the phone, it’s the connection charge for the ringing. 
This had me a few times in the past where I got charged for “ringing my mobile”

Another reason I don’t bother owning a house phone as all my calls are on my mobile.

Best to call the number I supplied in my previous post

Anonymous User
Not applicable

cheers gavs

can go back to watching tv, instead of constantly clicking on the live chat button and reload/refresh

that has to be wrong, charging for calls that are unanswered, better make sure she doesn't make international calls......

even then, still more than what they should be charging, but getting through to actually speaking to someone is such a pain, considering it is less than £1.50, a cup of coffee costs more than that, I'll just leave it and disconnect the telephone and just leave the broadband router plugged in

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User 

Hi Gavs & Chris

I just want to make some personal observations here, which may have very little relevance to the topic covered in this thread.

First, unlike Gavs, I like my house phone  and only use my mobile when I am out and about, at other times my mobile is switched off. I understand that this is opposite to the way current trends are going, i.e. house phones being abandoned as being inflexible and expensive, but I guess I'm just old fashioned like that.

As for mobiles, and in particular smartphones, I just see them as another way of being ripped off, especially if you have a monthly subscription plan in place. Your details are farmed out to dodgy telecom companies that send you ring tones and other nonsense you don't want or ever asked for but end up paying for anyway.

Plus, as Chris as found out, house phone being charged a connection fee for calling an unanswered mobile, a definite rip-off. Reminds me of the time whenever a mobile rang more than once it went straight to voice mail, which the caller and receiver would both have to pay for regardless of whether a message was ever recorded.

As you can probably guess, I think mobiles, for all their convenience, sneak in ways for unscrupulous companies to further rip people off.

However I do have two mobiles, an old non-smart one, used when I am out and about, and a smartphone, used only as a remote control.  I have found with my current "phones" set up I don't get hit with unexpected charges.  

(Just call me Cynical) UK Bob