cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scam
Advocate

cancelling broadband

Hello

Now tv is a scam, Avoid at all cost! There is no option to cancel your membership, they hide every option, so you have to call them, and they wont cancel it anyway. Same with virgin, and all the other broadband prividers, but now tv is the worst of them all. They wont let you go -  you can fight for months, but no chance of cancelling your subscription. scammers""!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@scam 

The only way to cancel your broadband with NOW is by calling the broadband team. Did you do this?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

Do you want to cancel your broadand all together?

or do you want to change to a new provider?

If you want to change to a new provider on the openreach network then you do not cancel with now, you sign up to the new provider and they handle the cancellation .

Who are you tinking of moving to, and on wht package?

the only fly in the ointment would be if you are in a copper stop sell area

RoyB
Legend

@scam @chilli2 

Another would be if you got hit with a socking great Early Termination charge… 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
scam
Advocate

Ok, finally after a couple of days non stop calling and 30 to 45 minutes of waiting i was able to cancel my broadband. But! Never again any provider in the Uk. I had no idea how hard is to get rid of a no term contract. Good luck

RoyB
Legend

@scam 

Nobody else in the UK? It’s not fair to tar all providers with the Now brush, and you will find it hard to get UK service from a foreign provider.

Or was the experience with Now so awful that you have decided to emigrate? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.