Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cancel my account, i hate it.

cancel my account right now!

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Alas, those with the power to take actions like this, or even those with the power to involve the people who do, rarely frequent the Community Smiley Sad

It’s more of a self help area, where customers can help each other, so a good question to ask before using the Community is ‘Could another customer help me with this?’

To which here, the answer is sadly no. But we can offer some ’how-to’ advice.

Firstly, Cancel all your Pass(es), as here.

Make sure you follow all the steps given, as it is easy to bail out early, thinking you have cancelled, when you haven’t. Keep watch for an email confirming you have cancelled; only when you get one of those, for each Pass, can you be sure you have cancelled.

Then set a Purchases PIN, under My Account/Settings & PINs, to ensure no-one else can buy Passes on your account either.

It’s not a bad idea to change your NowTV account password as well, in case that has leaked.

But perhaps you want to go further, and have your account removed altogether? That seems to be a bit more problematic; NowTV have a laid-down procedure for this, which I pointed a fellow customer to, but I was quite seriously embarrassed that when I encouraged him to try this and he did, he got the runaround instead of the promised action.

I do hope NowTV are taking this seriously now, as breaking GDPR can lead to very large fines, so if you want to try it, follow my advice here.

It’s a Catch22 that if the procedure succeeds you won’t be able to come back and tell us that it has; but I’ll keep an eye on your public Profile, which should vanish if you are successful.

I suppose, though, that the first thing I should have asked is why you hate NowTV? Smiley Tongue

Most people who find themselves at odds with the service are there because they didn’t read the rules, or didn’t understand them; though we now have a few who can’t hack the interminable trails that precede any programme you want to watch. And they have my sympathy, and my hopes for a Skip option.

But other than that, it’s a great way to get Sky stuff you can’t (legally) get anywhere else, on a ‘lite’ subscription; and so I wonder what’s not to like?

But whatever it is, your escape route is laid out above.....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.