cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

broaadband not activated on scheduled date

I had confirmation by letter from Sky (my previous ISP) and an email from NowTV a few days ago confirming saying that my b/band would switch to Now by no later than midnight on June 22.

Here we are at 11:23 on June 23, and still I'm on Sky b/band.

NowTV will likely blame BT Openreach for the delay.  I'll assume I won't be billed by both Sky and Now for my broadband supply today.  What really bugs me is the absence of any  communication:  when there is a delay then someone along the supply chain will be aware of it.  Maybe it's all down to BT.  Well if that's the case then BT should advise Now who can then advise new customers like me as to what's going on.  But not just leave us in the dark.

Not a promising start by Now.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What does it say under My Account > My Broadband & Calls > Orders & Appointments whilst logged in on here.

I am also assuming the NOW Hub Router is plugged in to enable the Orders & Appointments section to update which might take a few hours.

Your Sky Hub Router will run on both the Sky / NOW Broadband service.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What does it say under My Account > My Broadband & Calls > Orders & Appointments whilst logged in on here.

I am also assuming the NOW Hub Router is plugged in to enable the Orders & Appointments section to update which might take a few hours.

Your Sky Hub Router will run on both the Sky / NOW Broadband service.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your live activation date is not showing in green under the Orders & Appointments section of your online account and the NOW Hub Router has been plugged in since the scheduled date of the switch over from Sky.

Then phone the NOW Broadband Team using the telephone number on this linked page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes, as you said, it seems Now b/band switched seamlessly to work with old Sky router.

Anyways, I plugged in the new NowTV router and unsurprisingly it worked within a few minutes.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Sky & NOW Routers work on both the Sky & NOW Broadband service.

Are you seeing the green live date under Orders & Appointments on your account ?

Also is it showing a first monthly payment in June under My Bills & Payments ?

If so, then everything looks good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, all working correctly now.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My broadband and calls supposed that will be up and running on 24/06/2021 any time before midnight that day. I follow the instruction from the manual to setup and install the NOW Hub 2. But there is no response when I connect my smartphone and laptop to the wifi from the Now Hub 2. There will be 3 green lights still on from the Hub if the network is in normal work condition according to the manual. I only see two green light but no internet light. What can I do ? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This link will give you some tips, although I reckon weirdly performing a hard reset on the router should sort it out.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, I tried for several time, but it dose not solve my problem.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the broadband team a call.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help