cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

box names

SORT OUT RENAMING MY DEVICES,AS EVERY TIME I RENAME THEM THEY DONT SHOW WHAT ARE ASSIGNED THEM AS???????????

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is always great to have an imagination, that is what keep us going in this world!
lockmatt
Expert 2

so this issue is still ongoing,i name my devices and then they go un named again!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just adding another name to this issue, it's annoying to have to change them every time I log in......

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User @schnapps @lockmatt

Well guys

I gave up trying to name my devices ages ago simply because they become "unnamed" again very quickly, just as Stuff Edit says.

Mind you, I would still stick with the boring names coz' it's just too much effort to put into an imaginative name only to get it zapped an hour or two "down the road".

Sorry T-Hub

Boring.png

Boring Bob.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do not worry about it, at least that you gave it a try! Have you tried changing the names on the computer? It worked for me!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well T-Hub

I don't use my computer to watch Now TV, I use my Roku 3 and my son uses the Now TV black box.  So, whenever I change the name of these devices they change back to a default name fairly quickly.

However, as I was typing this note I decided to check my managed devices and, guess what, I found the following new(ish) default names:-

Now TV Box and Roku 3 Media Box.

You know, I'm now cool with them.

Boring Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having this issue.

I had two standard black boxes, iPad and PS3. No issues with renaming them, took effect straight away and stayed like that.

Got rid of one box for a stick, device rename takes effect but if I come back later in the day, it reverts back to the default name, something like 'TVstick'

Replaced the second box for another stick, exactly the same thing but the PS3 and iPad are still happily sat there with their alias names.

This is both annoying and problematic as you must ensure you are removing the correct device should you need to make a change.

I was told by the support advisor that I needed to change my password as this may have an affect! Are you joking me, your suggestion to what is clearly a NowTV system error is to reset my password?!?!?!?!?!

Get it sorted ASAP!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I have managed to work this out, go to Manage Devices on you computer ot laptop, there you can change the name, once the name you have selected on any of your devices have ba made, click save, there you will find, that your nacme that you have chosen, will stay! https://account.nowtv.com/device-management

lockmatt
Expert 2

guess what,the box names i named are not there,just now tv box they are called,WHEN I NAMED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockmatt

I have asked @Karl-F the NowTV Forum Community Manager to pass this onto their Tech Dept to look into this on both mine and your behalf.

I suspect unless further members report the issue, we may be towards the back of the queue unfortunately for things for them to do Smiley Sad