Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

account not recognised

Hi there, Hoping for some help

Quick background, used a ROKU box last year to watch Sky sports F1. no problem

We have just got a new TV and am setting it up in readiness for F1. Had to change password to login on PC to access my account. Bought SKY pass, no problem

Went to APP on new TV (not ROKU box) tried to login, account not recognised. 

Connected ROKU box, switched on and it went straight in without needing to enter any details. Passes available and able to watch SKY sports.

I'm concerned that the ROKU box may at some point stop working as it is using credentials from last year I assume as none have been entered today and that would be different to what I use to login on my pc

Hope that makes sense ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Excellent, glad to hear you got it sorted. 

Yeah I changed my password many months ago, and all devices being used are still using the old login details.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you haven't logged out on the Roku box it will continue to work as normal. 

This might sound daft, are you using your email address and new password on the "new TV"?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok, so roku box carries on working, even though it was last used last year with different credentials . Wow

Yes used email and new pass word in APP on tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quick update

Got in touch with support and uninstalled app on tv, re-installed and logged in fine

magic happenings in the background ?

All sorted now

😁

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Excellent, glad to hear you got it sorted. 

Yeah I changed my password many months ago, and all devices being used are still using the old login details.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  &  @gavs82008  for info

Hi 2slow

Read your posts with interest and wondered if, when setting up you new password etc., could you have accidentally set-up a new account by mistake.  

You see, I also have a new smart TV and a Roku 3 box, as well as an old WinXP PC, a couple of Now TV 2015 black boxes and two Win10 laptops, but I have never felt the urge or need to change my account password, even when I changed ISPs a few years back.

So you see, I don't understand why you would change your password when you got your new TV.

Still, we live and learn.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

FYI.

Should you be logged into a playback device or devices and changed the NowTV account password the playback devices will continue to work until you sign out of them.

Then when you sign back into the playback devices it will only accept your new created password.

This is why NowTV says to undertake a forced logout on all devices if there is any suspicious activity on your account (see this guide below about forced logout).

Otherwise just changing the password will not prevent existing playback devices from continuing to play on your account with the old password if those playback devices are already logged in.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob, @gavs82008

The reason I changed my password was simply that I couldn't remember it to get on my PC.- not because I had a new TV

No new account was setup

Subsequently as the TV was new I needed to enter credentials on that to get in, it wouldn't accept them however, even though they had just been proven to work on my PC after I changed the password.

Magically after contacting support the new credentials worked on the new TV

I was surprised my Roku box work straight away with what would have been 'old' credentials. I understand now that once it's logged on changing anything in the background doesn't affect it

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Dare I say it 2slow, but you live in interesting times.

UK Bob