cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wrongly charges - application confusing and just shoddy

I have just gone to cancel my now tv membership as the application is constantly buffering - I have very good internet speed and have no issues with any other streaming services. additionally 10 pound a month for SD pay the same anywhere else and you get minimum HD. So was cancelling because the whole thing was basically crap.

I then find out I have been paying for boost the whole time which firstly is suppose to let you stream in HD but all i could stream was SD and I didnt even know I had subscribed to boost. So i had a look to see if I could stream anything in HD, answer NO so wtf have I been paying it for. On top of the endless buffering and not getting the full service I've been paying for I also had to watch adverts something NOWtv also advertises I wouldn't have to watch but still been getting them. What a joke of a streaming service. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Also for adverts, if your watching Live TV then adverts aren’t going away even with boost. 

No ads with boost only takes away third party adverts with on demand content. The “clips” for Sky content before shows aren’t classed as adverts, they are promotional trailers which also aren’t going away anytime soon, a skip button would be nice though.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Full 1080p HD is not available on all devices even with boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Also for adverts, if your watching Live TV then adverts aren’t going away even with boost. 

No ads with boost only takes away third party adverts with on demand content. The “clips” for Sky content before shows aren’t classed as adverts, they are promotional trailers which also aren’t going away anytime soon, a skip button would be nice though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I appreciate it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just checked your right, Highest streaming for PC is 720p. Firstly absolute garbage. secondly still doesn't explain adverts. thirdly they know what machine I have cause I had to download a specific application so why the hell they cahrge me for boost. Finally I only watch things already aired so house of the dragon but already aired

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My second post will fully explain adverts and boost.

It is annoying that not all devices aren’t catered for to give us 1080p. Hopefully something will change in the future!