cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wrongly charged

Hi 

I recently had a sports pass which was discounted to £16.99 for 3 months.  I cancelled this after 2.5 months.

On checking my bank account I noticed I had been charged the full amount non-discounted (£33.99) each month.  However, when I view my NowTV account it says £16.99.  

How can I claim back what I've been wrongly charged?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I might be wrong but it sounds to me you have more than one nowtv account.

Maybe try this link account finder tool to see if you get any hit results that look familiar that you may have used in the past.

https://help.nowtv.com/account-finder/ 

Should you manage to find another account, then go into this second account under My Account > Passes & Vouchers and make sure there is no active sports pass still running on it and if so cancel the pass fully.

Also compare the My Account > Bills & Payments section to see if they match to your bank statement.

With regards to a refund you will need to take this up directly with NowTV (normally at this stage i would point you towards live chat) but unfortunately live chat is closed for the foreseeable future due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Therefore i would go back into the account if you can track down the £33.99 monthly sports pass charges and under the Passes & Vouchers screen page there should be a FAQ saying "i think i have been incorrectly charged - what should i do ?" .

Where under the above topic heading there should be a request refund link form to send back directly to NowTV.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I might be wrong but it sounds to me you have more than one nowtv account.

Maybe try this link account finder tool to see if you get any hit results that look familiar that you may have used in the past.

https://help.nowtv.com/account-finder/ 

Should you manage to find another account, then go into this second account under My Account > Passes & Vouchers and make sure there is no active sports pass still running on it and if so cancel the pass fully.

Also compare the My Account > Bills & Payments section to see if they match to your bank statement.

With regards to a refund you will need to take this up directly with NowTV (normally at this stage i would point you towards live chat) but unfortunately live chat is closed for the foreseeable future due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Therefore i would go back into the account if you can track down the £33.99 monthly sports pass charges and under the Passes & Vouchers screen page there should be a FAQ saying "i think i have been incorrectly charged - what should i do ?" .

Where under the above topic heading there should be a request refund link form to send back directly to NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks very much for your help.  it was indeed another account for which I have been wrongly charged.

trying to submit the request form but it's failing to go through.

will try again later.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Try a different Internet browser when submitting the online request form.

I tend to use MS Edge on the NowTV website. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried using Edge and Explorer.  Get the same message :

"

Thanks for the info.

We’ll look into your request as soon as we can. Due to COVID-19, this might take longer than usual – please bear with us.
Your reference number is: %{caseNumber}

"

and on the right-hand side in the FAQ bar:

"

Oops something went wrong

Please visit help.nowtv.com

"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too and can’t find any way of contacting customer service. NowTV officially crap at helping customers. I’ve been charged £57 for an account that was closed Months and months ago and how can’t get any help but an automated bot that sends me round and round in a loop