cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wrongly billed, cancellation is a con game

Took at a week's trial in April, cancelled online, to find now 8 months later that I have been paying for two(!) Sky Cinema packages. Cancelled two days ago and contacted customer services for a refund. Then found that one pass was still there. They said my cancellation process was hanging in the air. I went back and after some scrolling I found endless sequence of extra windows asking me if I really wanted to cancel. Customer service is now offering me a miserable one month's refund when I had 16 payments taken out for a service I never intended to use, that's nearly £200. Their business model is built on people not noticing that the cancellation process is like a Ryanair booking, asking extra questions before you get to payment, trying to trap you into something that you don't want. The whole thing is especially bad if you try to do it on the phone, there is no way to notice the cancellation buttons without scrolling and why would you scroll once you already have clicked in the previous screen?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat except I did go through the process, got the email saying it's been cancelled, now found out that they've bene taking money for the past 18 months.  I gave them the evidence and am now continually being ignored.  Terrible business practice.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi RD UK

I'm going to drop a cancellation or two tomorrow, I'm going to be watching very carefully to see that everything goes OK.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi There 

The same thing happened to me ..I am so glad i am not the only one.

May i send your response to my MP as this is highly deceiving and totally unscrupulous

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You know L

Whenever you deal with an online service or distance provider, when it comes to your money, you always have to be on your guard, i.e. take nothing for granted.

Whereas I cannot agree that Now TV is "highly deceiving and totally unscrupulous", they do have some practices and policies that seem "sharp", but if you keep an eye on this forum you will see the problems other forum members run into and the solutions applied. 

Just one more thing (a personal policy that I use), whenever you make a cancellation always take screen prints, especially of the cancellation being accepted and keep a copy of the cancellation email they send you.

NB. If you do not get a "cancellation email" within a day go back and check that you have fully followed the "cancellation process".

UK Bob