cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Won't Accept My Bank Details

Like many others I'm livid that for several reasons -

1: The Now website won't allow me to update my bank card details even though all the info given is 100% correct

2: There is no 'live chat' help, only a bot which is utterly useless in resolving anything

3: To call Now directly costs £6.00 a time - minimum I I'm definitely not doing that!

3 REPLIES 3
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User 

1. Try a different browser

2. Click the blue down arrow near the bottom of the page to access live chat

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-tv-account-payments/changing-my-account-details

3. Calls to NowTv (Broadband customers only) is free for complaints (0800) and local call for general enquiries (0203).

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Regarding 3, some clever but unscrupulous people have figured out that because NowTV do not have a phone helpline for queries about the streaming services, they will fill the gap with a premium rate line claiming to be for that purpose, and wait for the pent-up demand, or some of it at any rate, to come their way.

Then they will keep you on the line for as long as possible, until you finally realise that no help will ever be forthcoming.

But as they can rake in, in a couple of minutes of no effort, the same amount of money that NowTV have to show you unmissable TV programmes or movies for a month to earn, it’s quite a lucrative scam.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Saint1976  @Anonymous User 

Yeah Roy

Scamming is a lucrative business with little or no effort, and sure is a lot easier than 9 to 5-ing it for a living.

People just have to be on their guard.

UK Bob