Not applicable

Why wont my old device be removed

Why wont my old devices get deleted it making it hard for me to watch anything 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is no need to "register a device" in order to watch anything on NOW. Should be a matter of log in and watch away. 

Can you explain what your issue is? 

Do you have boost and getting a stream error when only using 1 device?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You need to exit cleanly on the ‘old device’, by actively stopping the programme being streamed.

Don’t just exit the app, or switch off the device it was playing on - that way, it will be ten minutes or more before Now notice you have left the old device, and it won’t let you log on to a new device until it does.

Whereas if you exit the programme cleanly, it will inform Now straight away, and you can pick up on another device in seconds. That way, there is not even the need to stop the app, or the device; just stop the actual programme stream.

These rules mostly affect people without Boost, as they have only a single stream to play with, whereas Boost customers can start a second, or even a third, stream, before the limit kicks in for them..

But even Boost customers who are up to their limit of three, and want to stop one stream of the three and pick it up elsewhere, are affected by these rules. (I know, because I have tried it as a test, and found it to be so).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.