cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Who’s stupid idea was it to have a mandatory PIN?

I am wondering what twit thought it was a good idea to request a parental pin every time you wanted to switch channels? It’s a stupid idea that is badly implemented. If  NOW TV want to be a  respected company then better parental controls would keep more customers.

Change or improve this feature please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am wondering what twit thought it was a good idea to request a parental pin every time you wanted to switch channels? It’s a stupid idea that is badly implemented. If  NOW TV want to be a  respected company then better parental controls would keep more customers.

Change or improve this feature please.

Not sure I understand what exactly do you mean parental pin requested when you change channels ? I assume you mean the Live channels if I am right what are you using to watch Now Tv ? I use the app on my LG Smart Tv and have never been asked for a pin in the 4 months I have subscribed to Now Tv 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to be able to change channel without entering a pin every time, that's beyond ridiculous.

I'm cancelling right now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i had to go through the now tv to put a code to watch them, so whose fault is it? apple tv or now?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ofcom’s.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

have they included this feature today? because I am now suddenly being asked to enter parental pin every time I change channels. This is so incomvenient and I dont have any kids

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same issue with every live channel. Seam to be only affecting the Apple TV app. That said the Apple TV app is long overdue a update!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get rid of this feature and quick!!! Why force people to use a pin?   Talk about off putting

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turned on my now tv box , was asked to enter a pin , my box is one of the older generations ( white ) , switching channels , enter a pin , I am the only person in the house , why . The message desk was no good , you have a white box so you must enter in a pin for every channel. This is a waste of time.