cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where do I find out when my broadband and phone contract ends?

Can't seem to find my contract dates in the nowtv "My Account" details. I'm in a 1 year contract but don't know exactly when the contract starts from . Is it the date I get connected or the date I registered. Also I moved  property and had the broadband moved to new place during the contract, does this restart the contract? 

Thanks in advanced

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Your twelve month contract should start on your live activation date.

You can find your live activation date by going to My Account > Orders & Appointments on here.

Another indication where you are in the 12 month or over the 12 month contract is if you go to My Account > Bills & Payments and look at previous and up & comming payments and if you can see a significant price increase with the Broadband cost then that should be a good general indicator if you are in or out of contract.

I don't think moving home would reset the 12 month contract, unless you have re negotiated a new fixed 12 month deal during the move.

You can always phone the NowTV Broadband Team for confirmation, where you will find their number under the Orders & Appointments section (click the drop down arrow below Broadband & Phone live date to see the telephone number to call).

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Your twelve month contract should start on your live activation date.

You can find your live activation date by going to My Account > Orders & Appointments on here.

Another indication where you are in the 12 month or over the 12 month contract is if you go to My Account > Bills & Payments and look at previous and up & comming payments and if you can see a significant price increase with the Broadband cost then that should be a good general indicator if you are in or out of contract.

I don't think moving home would reset the 12 month contract, unless you have re negotiated a new fixed 12 month deal during the move.

You can always phone the NowTV Broadband Team for confirmation, where you will find their number under the Orders & Appointments section (click the drop down arrow below Broadband & Phone live date to see the telephone number to call).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. That clears things up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your post @schnapps - That said is there a place in My Account information where NOW TV actually provides a date for the end of my contract? It seems strange that it is so inconvenient for customers to check this very basic information - more than a little opaque.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe look under My Account > Message Centre to see if there is any email correspondence from NowTV with regards to your Broadband contract start date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot find this either.

No good looking for a mesage form the date I renewed my contract.

I know when I renewed and what the package was but I want to know that my account agrres the end date dso I do not pay extra.

I think this should be clear when you go on to your account page, easily found , easily understood (unlike the first bill when I renewed and hence increased concern).

BUT WHERE IS IT!!!

I should not need to rely on a phone call to customer services which I then do nto have a record of .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The end date does not appear on my orders and packages. In fact nothing appears whatsoever!

I should not need to hunt for this information it should be clearly listed and clearly stated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is similar to something I tried to find out yesterday but couldn’t find an answer. However if you click on ‘my account’ and then ‘orders and appointments’, there is a timeline of when you ordered your broadband and when it went live. That will give you the date your contract finishes. 

In terms of moving home, you took your current contract with you. so unless they offered you an extension and you agreed to it, then it won’t have changed from your original sign up. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This don't work 'No more, NO MORE' All I get is a SUGGESTION?? That I check my original e-mail to find this info!!

I can't remember my BREAKFAST!! LET ALONE WHICH ISP I WAS USING?? Oh that's right!! What date again?? 😂.

TYPICAL none sensible bog standard reply!! About as MUCH USE as a CHOCOLATE FIREGUARD!!

The one thing I DO KNOW is WHAT I signed up for!! And I Ain't getting it NO MORE, NO MORE!!

And can't even view my payment details.... THERE ARE NONE!!! So who have I been paying £60+yo every month?? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Probably just a two-month-old write-only vent here.

But this is exactly symptomatic of having opened the broadband on one account, where you are being charged, and now using another, on which your details are not recorded.

A word with Live Chat might reveal the account you are actually being charged on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.