cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Elite

When do the preloaded passes expire?

When do the preloaded passes expire?  Or do they expire?

Nothing on I want to watch in cinema just now, and also I don’t know when entertainment was applied initially.  Currently using an offer, so no need to apply it.  Don’t know exactly when they were added, but entertainment was after Black Friday 2018 and the others around March 2019.  

AFFE7AEF-C99D-4B65-8280-04ABFD44FD66.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73 

The majority of NowTV voucher codes are usually 12 months from date of purchase, where there are a few exceptions such has the vouchers from Game are only 6 months and certain promo or prize giveaways may be less where you need to read the T&C's.

If i was in your shoes if you hover your cursor on the vouchers and right click it (don't open or redeem the voucher) then from memory in the url address bar will be a voucher code embedded in it which usually starts with NOW *********** consisting of capital letters and numbers between 12 to 14 characters long.

Then write down the voucher code on a piece of paper and jump over to live chat with the list of voucher codes and ask them if they can give you the expiry dates.

Perhaps test it out on your entertainment voucher pass from your screen shot where you can't redeem it yet (just in case you accidentally click on it, but from memory i think it will ask you on screen are you sure you want to redeem and start the pass).

Unfortunately i haven't got a voucher saved on my account at the moment to test the above to see if it works.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
RoyB
Legend

And 1080p and a version for AppleTV will be coming along ‘real soon now’ together with full NowTV on the YouView full body sensorama version with optional teledildonics 😝

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

Beware - Now TV can just cancel these and then not reinstate them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed too that the preloaded passes are sometimes being cancelled without any notice. The two passes I was describing earlier on in this thread which apparently had 80 year expiry dates just disappeared from my account without any warning recently.

I contacted NOW TV chat about these and they said they had been 'cancelled' but couldn't give any explanation as to why. Fortunately I had the pass codes from my previous chat with them and along with proof of purchase of the NOW TV  box for one of them they were both reissued with expiry dates of 2025.

The hard copy vouchers seem to be more reliable. I don't know why the preloaded passes are sometimes disappearing. Perhaps it is related to the change in the appearance of the NOW TV website? Everyone who has preloaded passes should keep their receipts and as much information about the relevant purchase as possible in case they disappear!

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User it is very frustrating.  I have spent all afternoon trying to resolve this to no avail.

i have screen shots, I have the links to the codes, I have a link to the reservation I made with currys. I have my payment history that show that I never activated the passes.  Yet I keep getting fobbed off. I have been told I cancelled them (I haven’t). I have been told I redeemed them. (I haven’t)

last week

starman73_0-1580491818555.png

this week

85F5F280-5E32-4ABF-B2C7-DF16A945E7E8.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was probably fortunate that they reissued the passes for me. For one of the passes I had the receipt for the box where they came from.

Have you got any of the receipts still? Are you trying the chat service for help? You could make a complaint if you continue to be given excuses.

NOW TV should investigate why these passes are disappearing. It would be interesting to see how many other people are affected by this. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

You can tell if it was a preloaded payment - it states  "Entertainment Upfront Pass"

Previous payments

Entertainment Upfront Pass
Paid on 8 Jun 2020
starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Have you got any of the receipts still?  No, the one thing I don’t have.

Are you trying the chat service for help? Yes, and customer services email.

You could make a complaint I am!