cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Elite

When do the preloaded passes expire?

When do the preloaded passes expire?  Or do they expire?

Nothing on I want to watch in cinema just now, and also I don’t know when entertainment was applied initially.  Currently using an offer, so no need to apply it.  Don’t know exactly when they were added, but entertainment was after Black Friday 2018 and the others around March 2019.  

AFFE7AEF-C99D-4B65-8280-04ABFD44FD66.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73 

The majority of NowTV voucher codes are usually 12 months from date of purchase, where there are a few exceptions such has the vouchers from Game are only 6 months and certain promo or prize giveaways may be less where you need to read the T&C's.

If i was in your shoes if you hover your cursor on the vouchers and right click it (don't open or redeem the voucher) then from memory in the url address bar will be a voucher code embedded in it which usually starts with NOW *********** consisting of capital letters and numbers between 12 to 14 characters long.

Then write down the voucher code on a piece of paper and jump over to live chat with the list of voucher codes and ask them if they can give you the expiry dates.

Perhaps test it out on your entertainment voucher pass from your screen shot where you can't redeem it yet (just in case you accidentally click on it, but from memory i think it will ask you on screen are you sure you want to redeem and start the pass).

Unfortunately i haven't got a voucher saved on my account at the moment to test the above to see if it works.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73 

The majority of NowTV voucher codes are usually 12 months from date of purchase, where there are a few exceptions such has the vouchers from Game are only 6 months and certain promo or prize giveaways may be less where you need to read the T&C's.

If i was in your shoes if you hover your cursor on the vouchers and right click it (don't open or redeem the voucher) then from memory in the url address bar will be a voucher code embedded in it which usually starts with NOW *********** consisting of capital letters and numbers between 12 to 14 characters long.

Then write down the voucher code on a piece of paper and jump over to live chat with the list of voucher codes and ask them if they can give you the expiry dates.

Perhaps test it out on your entertainment voucher pass from your screen shot where you can't redeem it yet (just in case you accidentally click on it, but from memory i think it will ask you on screen are you sure you want to redeem and start the pass).

Unfortunately i haven't got a voucher saved on my account at the moment to test the above to see if it works.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73 

Should have said that when you hover over for example your entertainment pass voucher and right click on it to bring up a number of options on what to do next, then try copying the link and paste it somewhere to view the voucher code in the copied link.

I am sure this worked for me when i tried it about a year ago (it's a shame i haven't got any saved vouchers codes on my account otherwise i would have tested it out myself to see if my suggestion works or not).

starman73
Elite

Very interesting.  I will check expiry dates. Thanks.

starman73
Elite

2099 according to chat! So they last over 80 years 😉

• Thanks for contacting NOW TV, How can I help?
     I have a preloaded voucher on my account. Can I check when it expires?
  • Thanks for bringing this to my notice.
  • Let me see what best I can help you with
  • Thank you for sharing the code
  • a minute and will update you.
  • The code will expire on 27/09/2099.
    2099! I think I will use it by then. Many thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73 

Blimey that's a long expiry date (hopefully it's not a typo by the live chat advisor that dealt with you).

I honestly thought the majority of the voucher passes and the electronic preloaded vouchers that comes with the stick / box was 12 months from date of purchase with a little extra leeway.

Did you check all your vouchers or just the entertainment voucher on your account to test out my suggestion ?

starman73
Elite

@schnapps just checked the entertainment one.  However will check others at some point.  If this is the case it will work out well for me as I still have three boxes with vouchers to apply. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's interesting as I got the exact same answer of 27/09/2099 when I asked the chat service when my preloaded entertainment voucher expired! They did confirm that this was almost 80 years! A preloaded Cinema pass was also valid until 1/1/2099.

I was pleased to be told as well that two other unused Entertainment vouchers I purchased in early 2019 from Argos (the ones you have to scratch the number off the back) were valid until 2022.

So it appears that for many of the vouchers they can be used for much longer than one year after purchase. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I generally get the scratch card passes from Argos.

One day I decided a bit randomly to check the expiry, having seen forum posts on the matter.

I was told early October 2019 for a pass purchased in August 2019 so I'm glad I checked, especially as my pass renews on the 22nd so I would have tried to add it close to that date (in case a better deal came along).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

2099? WOW!!! I better rewrite my will. Pretty sure I won't be around when I'm 130 years young. Wouldn't want the family splitting over a dispute to see who gets my NowTV passes, although by then they'll probably all be walking around with a chip implanted in their brains so they can watch tv wherever they go without the need for a phone etc 🤣