cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

What are the NOW TV Passes and how do they work?

We have a number of passes available for you to purchase on NOW TV.

Below you'll find a list of these passes, and all you need to do is click on the pass if you wish to find out some more info. 

Sky Cinema Month Pass FAQ

NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass FAQ

NOW TV Kids Month Pass FAQ

Sky Sports Day, Week, Month and Mobile FAQ

hayu Month Pass FAQ

0 Thanks
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sky Cinema Month Pass FAQ

The Sky Cinema Month Pass gives you the biggest and best movies. Including the latest blockbusters and hundreds of classics on demand, plus 11 sky channels and a premier every day. All without a contract.

How do I get a Sky Cinema Month Pass?

If you’re new to NOW TV, all you need to do is create an account, before you get your pass:

• ​Go to nowtv.com/tv-passes
  • Click Choose your Pass and then Free trial next to the Sky Cinema Pass
  • We just need a few details before you can grab your Pass and start watching.

How do I get a pass if I already have an account?

All you need to do is sign in to your NOW TV account using your username and password and select Cinema.

If you’ve never had a Sky Cinema Pass before you can start the 7 day free trial.

OR

If you have had a Sky Cinema Pass before, just select Buy Month Pass.

How much is the Sky Cinema Month Pass after the free trial?

The Sky Cinema Pass is £9.99pm. This will be increasing to £11.99 a month from 3 April 2019. There’s no contract so you can cancel at any time.

What do I get with the Sky Cinema Month Pass?

With the Pass you get over 1000 movies to watch on demand and access to 11 Sky Cinema Channels:

Sky Cinema Channels.png

Remember there’s a new premier every day and we’re constantly updating and adding to our on demand movies. Click here to browse the movies we currently have available on our catalogue.

What do I need?

To take advantage of the Sky Cinema Pass you’ll need:

One of the devices listed here

• Minimum 2.5Mbps broadband download speed
  • A NOW TV account
0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

NOW TV Entertainment Pass FAQ

The NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass is your ticket to watch the best TV entertainment channels that aren’t on Freeview. Plus loads of your favourite box sets too. All without a contract.

I’m a new customer, how do I get an Entertainment Month Pass?

You’ll need to create an account before getting your Pass. Follow these steps:

• ​Go to nowtv.com/tv-passes
  • Click Choose your Pass and then Free trial next to the Entertainment Pass
  • We just need a few details before you can grab your Pass and start watching 

I already have a NOW TV account, how do I get an Entertainment Month Pass?

If you’ve already got a NOW TV account, but you’ve never had an Entertainment Pass, you can easily start a free trial.

Just go to My Account, and then Passes & vouchers (you'll need to sign in, if you haven't already). Then just click on START 7 DAY FREE TRIAL next to the Entertainment Pass.

If you’ve had an Entertainment Month Pass before or you’ve already used your free trial, select BUY MONTH PASS.

How much does the Entertainment Month Pass cost?

As a new customer, you get a 7 day free trial. Then it’s £7.99 a month.

There’s no contract so you can cancel at any time.

What do I get with the Entertainment Month Pass?

You get these live channels: Sky 1, Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic, Gold, Comedy Central, Sky Arts, Fox, MTV, Nat Geo Wild, Discovery Channel and SyFy.

Entertainment Channels.png

You also get box sets for shows from all of these channels, plus ABC Studios, VICE, Challenge and Pick.

We’re constantly updating and adding to our catch up shows and box sets.

You can browse our catalogue to see the shows and box sets we currently have available : http://watch.nowtv.com/entertainment/explorer

What do I need to use the Entertainment Month Pass?

To take advantage of the NOW TV Entertainment Pass you’ll need:

Is the stream in HD?

Streaming quality can vary according to your internet connection at a particular time, but the maximum available streaming quality is 720p for NOW TV content on all devices except YouView, which is limited to Standard Definition (SD) (comparable to a regular TV channel).

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

NOW TV Kids Month Pass FAQ

The Kids Month Pass brings you loads of awesome kids’ shows on demand like Peppa Pig, Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants, plus amazing live TV channels including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr and Cartoon Network.

How much does the Kids Month Pass cost?

If you’ve never had a Kids Pass before, we’ll treat you to a 7 day free trial. After that it’s just £3.99 a month.

There’s no contract, so you can cancel at any time.

How do I buy a Kids Month Pass?

Already got a NOW TV account?
If you’ve already got a NOW TV account, but you’ve never had a Kids Pass, you can easily start a free trial.

Just go to My Account, and then Passes & vouchers (you'll need to sign in, if you haven't already). Then just click on START 7 DAY FREE TRIAL next to the Kids Pass.

If you’ve had a Kids Month Pass before or you’ve already used your free trial, select BUY MONTH PASS.

New to NOW TV?
You’ll need to create an account before getting your Pass. Follow these steps:

• Go to nowtv.com/tv-passes
  • Click Choose your Pass and then Free trial next to the Kids Pass
  • We just need a few details before you can grab your Pass and start watching.

What channels come with the Kids Month Pass?

The Kids Month Pass gives you thousands of episodes to watch whenever you like. And there are 6 TV channels to watch live:

Kids Channels.png

On-demand shows are available for all these channels, except Cartoonito. And you get awesome box sets from Milkshake!, CBeebies and CBBC too.

The clever Kids Pass learns your favourite shows, and gives you episodes you haven’t watched yet at the top of your Kids home screen.

You can also see Top shows on your Kids home screen, as well as recommendations for Tiny Tots (1-3 years old).

What do I need to use the Kids Month Pass?

To take advantage of the Kids Month Pass you’ll need:

One of the devices listed here (except for YouView and Xbox 360)
• Minimum 2.5Mbps broadband download speed
• A NOW TV account.

Can I download shows for my kids to watch Offline?

If you've got an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet, you can download kids' episodes to your device and watch them anywhere. Perfect for keeping the little ones entertained while travelling! (You might need to update your NOW TV app to make sure you've got the latest version).

Each episode can be downloaded twice, and will be saved on your device for up to 30 days. Once you start watching, you've got 48 hours during which you can watch it as many times as you like. Find out more about downloading shows.

Can I control what my kids watch?

We’ve created a couple of clever features to keep you in control of what your kids can watch on NOW TV.

• Screen lock
    If you’re watching on a smartphone or tablet, the screen lock function makes it tricky for your kids to exit the show they’re watching. So you can feel comfortable leaving them to watch their favourite kids’ shows unsupervised. Just tap the padlock icon when the show starts to lock the screen. To unlock, hold down the padlock icon.
  • Exit confirmation
    Just in case your kids find their way out of the Kids Pass section, we’ve added a confirmation screen to make sure that you really want to exit. This means you don't need to worry about younger kids finding shows that aren’t suitable for them.
  • Parental controls
    On top of that, you can set your parental controls features for ultimate peace of mind and choose an age rating to help you control what younger viewers can watch on NOW TV. Find out how to turn on your Parental PIN.
0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sky Sports Pass FAQ

Within this post you'll find out all you need to know about all the Sky Sports Passes available on NOW TV.

What Sports Passes are available on NOW TV?

We have Day, Week and Month passes available to purchase. You also have the ability to purchase the Sky Sports Mobile Pass.

How much are the Sky Sports Passes?

See below our list of passes and their prices:

• Sky Sports Day Pass – £8.99
  • Sky Sports Week Pass – £14.99
  • Sky Sports Month Pass – £33.99
  • Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass – £5.99

The Month Pass and the Mobile Month Pass auto- renew at the end of each month.

What channels do I get on the Sky Sports Pass Day, Week and Month Pass?

The Sky Sports Day, Week and Month Pass gives you access to all 11 Sky Sports Channels. You can see list below:

Sky Sports Channels.png

What Channels do I get with Sky Sports Mobile Pass?

With a Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass you just get access to 5 channels: Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports USA, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Racing and Sky Sports News.

Sky Sports Mobile Image.png

What Devices can I use my Sky Sports Pass on?

For info on all the devices you can use your Sky Sports Passes, please have a look at our help article here: https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Can I watch Red Button games with NOW TV?

The Red Button feature is not available on NOW TV at this moment in time.

You might see onscreen messages about using the Red Button or interactive services when watching the Sky Sports channels on your Sky Sports Pass. Unfortunately, these services aren’t available on any of the Sky Sports channels with NOW TV. You can only use the Red Button on live BBC channels with a NOW TV Smart Box with Freeview.

When does my Pass start? 

The Sky Sports Month Pass and Mobile Month Pass will start right away, and auto- renew each month.

You can start your Sky Sports Day or Week Pass at a time that suits you. When you buy your Pass, it'll automatically be saved for you for up to a year. And it'll start automatically whenever you start watching Sky Sports. (It doesn't matter what time of day you activate your Pass – you'll still get the full 24 hours or 7 days).

Your Pass will run continuously once you start it. You won’t be able to pause your Pass.

0 Thanks