cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gidget22

Viewing on multiple devices- tv and ipad

I have a Now TV account to which I’m logged into on our tv.

I also want to watch on my iPad but when I log in on the iPad using the same details as the ones I use for being logged into on the tv it makes me purchase a new membership.

How do I get round this? Surely it’s one set of log in details to watch on both devices?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gidget22 

Double check you have downloaded the NOW App for the correct region where I have seen UK customers accidentally download from the Republic of Ireland Apps Store and vice versa.

Also if you are using a VPN or outside the country this will also flag up this message on your iPad.

You could also try a fresh NOW App again, then once downloaded power down the iPad (give it a minute or two) then power up the iPad and sign back into the NOW App with your correct NOW TV account login credentials (where I am assuming you have purchased the TV Membership or Memberships directly from NOW themselves and not a third party such has BT TV for example).

RoyB
Legend

@gidget22 

Beyond what @schnapps has said:-

You can log in OK on the iPad with those same details?

It’s not that you are trying to use a different Membership, e.g. that you have an Entertainment Membership which you are using on the TV, but you are trying to watch a movie on the iPad, which needs the separate and additional Cinema Membership? Or vice versa?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.