cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Urgently need to speak to someone, anyone!

My account suddenly stopped working, saying "oops" -  I couldn't access passes, account info - anything. This was noticed a few weeks ago - it's still saying "oops" now. None of the contact options, chat or otherwise, get me to the issue in hand. I am still being billed without being able to access any passes and the link to cancel passes says "oops"!! 

Having attempted another chat (failed) I then got an email, asking if I had my question answered. It was addressed to Alex. My name is not Alex, nor do I know an Alex who would have had access to my account. Does this mean I've been hacked? 
How on earth do I speak to someone about this, as I am effectively being robbed of over £20 a month and have no idea how to sort this out. 

In desperation, 
Rachel

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help much sorry, but if you have a smartphone with internet data have you tried accessing your online website account instead of using your home Router ?

If you haven't a smartphone with internet data on it, then maybe try factory resetting your Router and after the factory reset try a different internet browser or another browser device when attempting to login to your NowTV online account.

Should you be still having no joy, then try getting in touch with NowTV using one of these communication methods in the link page below (live chat would be your first best option, then followed by sending them a message via the web form).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @schnapps - I have sent a message via the webform. Logging in using data on my smartphone had the same issues as browser, so hopefully I'll hear from NowTV soon. 

Thanks again 🙂 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When logging into your online account with your smartphone internet data, what internet browser was you using ?

Did you try a second different internet browser to see if you can access your TV passes with the smartphone internet data ?

Anyway, i hope you get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thank you. I'm using Safari on my phone, and have tried Safari and Firefox on desktop.

I'm most concerned about the infamous Alex being the account name (i.e. not me!), which makes me think I could have been hacked and that Alex is enjoying hours of entertainment at my expense! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try Chrome with your smartphone when using the phones internet data.

Sometimes when NowTV send emails out they make basic mistakes unfortunately with regards to the wrong name or sending out emails to wrong accounts.

If you are concerned, that your account has been hacked (any TV shows or Movies coming up under your Continue Watching or Watchlist that you do not recognise ?), then maybe undertake a force logout on all your devices and create a new password (this article should explain further).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

On my iPhone I have never had an issue getting onto Live chat via Safari 

Are you using a VPN by any chance?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help