cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unwanted Device

I used to share this account with a partner but after breaking up I changed the billing info to my account as his card kept getting declined (because he’s always broke). The email and the payments are all mine. I don’t want him using my NOW TV anymore. I’ve deleted his device from “Manage devices” and changed my password immediately. I can see that he is still using my account because he’s watching things I wouldn’t watch. If I’ve removed his device and changed my password multiple times how can he still access my account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What about trying a forced logout by following the instructions under the FAQ " How do i sign out of all devices " in this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

Don't know if it works because i have never had any reason to try it out myself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What about trying a forced logout by following the instructions under the FAQ " How do i sign out of all devices " in this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

Don't know if it works because i have never had any reason to try it out myself.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Well ER

You've certainly got an interesting, and certainly annoying, problem but, I believe, when you set up an account or, in your case, a joint account there are certain bits of indelible information that cannot be deleted, which I call "forever information".

I would suggest that you completely close down the old account, not modify it, and start a new one, which unfortunately you won't be able to do at the moment because of Corona. Once you have a your new account up and running do a factory reset on your streaming devices, this will take them back to zero, and then input your new information.

However, I don't think you'll be able to do the above until Now TV is up and at full strength. 

Good Luck

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @ukbobboy 

I would have thought changing your password details and a forced logout on all devices would resolve this without closing down the account.

There is more information in this linked article below under the FAQ - "How do i secure my account so that it can only be accessed with my new password" .

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-password 

Also when you sign into your account and if you are given an option to setup a security question then complete that as well has a extra layer of security.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi Schnapps

You know, when I wrote my post I was thinking that ER's ex could still got into her account despite having changed her password, and it also crossed my mind her ex may be able to make purchases as well.

Plus, and most importantly, it is not really known what undeletable information about her ex still remains on the account.  So, I thought, the best way not to get caught out by any "future nonsense" is to make a new start with a totally new account.

I think my logic is sound and probably a bit more complex than ER would have wanted but it's always more difficult to untangle joint concerns than it is single ones.

UK Bob