cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unlawful Monthly Payment

I recently purchased a 7 day sports pass. I paid up front using my debit card. 

Today, you decided that it was reasonable to automatically register me for a monthly mobile service, without asking, and now plan to charge the same debit card on a monthly basis (I assume you stored the details ?)

Do you think it is acceptable to put me in this position where now I have to opt out of this? Why should I have to waste my time writing this post? Why should I have to contact you and get this fixed? 

I seriously hope this is not legal as if it is then UK laws need to change, but you can be sure I will be taking this up with the authorities. I've contacted you through your terrible chat service and await a response. You have 24 hours.

Mark Campion

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark, 

We hope you’re enjoying your Sky Sports Pass. As a thank you for your purchase, we’re giving you a 1 month free offer on a Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass, so you can enjoy 4 Sky Sports channels on your smartphone for a whole month. 

We’ve added this offer to your account, so you don’t have to do a thing. Just start watching on your phone whenever you’re ready. 

At the end of your free month, your Sky Sports Mobile Pass will roll on at the standard price of £5.99 a month, unless cancelled. 

Happy watching!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Mark, 

We hope you’re enjoying your Sky Sports Pass. As a thank you for your purchase, we’re giving you a 1 month free offer on a Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass, so you can enjoy 4 Sky Sports channels on your smartphone for a whole month. 

We’ve added this offer to your account, so you don’t have to do a thing. Just start watching on your phone whenever you’re ready. 

At the end of your free month, your Sky Sports Mobile Pass will roll on at the standard price of £5.99 a month, unless cancelled. 

Happy watching!

I will send you an email now Mark and cancel this for you. @Anonymous User

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Mark, 

Happy watching!

I will send you an email now Mark and cancel this for you. @Anonymous User

I can see that the case has been rasied to our Tier 2 TV team already @Anonymous User They should be in contact with you very soon witha resolution/.