cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unauthorised Payments Taken

Hi, this is my first posting.  I initially had NowTV on a free 30 day trial which began beginning December.  I renewed myself for a 3 month pass in January which had £20.99 taken from my account which was authorised.  However I noticed today that there is a charge of £6.99 taken from my account and when looking on purchase history it shows I have purchased a Sky Sports one day pass.  This is totally unacceptable and duly unauthorised.  I would expect my next payment for the movies to be in early Apr.  How do I get my payment back.  I have tried to get on the 'live chat' but to no avail, and you cannot access the email either.  Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that this happened. @Anonymous User is right, we are unable to purchase anything on behalf of customers and I also recommend to add the Payment PIN.

I will be sending you an email shortly.

Cheers,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

I have had several (9) payments taken from my bank account that do not correspond to my NOWTV account.

The last pass that I purchased was a Cinema pass in April/May of this year which I cancelled in October.  In addition to the £9.99 monthly charge for this pass, I have been charged various amounts (£6.99, £7.99, £9.99) at various intervals.  None of these amounts show on my NOWTV account.

I do not have another account and my bank card details have not been given to anyone else.

Initially, I contacted NOWTV via their 'Help' page and have been in an email conversation with them for days (it takes around 24hrs for them to reply).  I have been asked for the same information over and over again with no progress being made whatsoever.  I have also tried the 'Live Chat' which disconnected me as the NOWTV operative took too long to reply halfway through our conversation.

I feel like I am banging my head against a wall with the NOWTV team completely missing the point and showing no interest whatsoever in addressing the issue.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

David

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi David

May I suggest you do the following:

1) Start gathering your bank statements showing money leaving your bank account and going to Now TV, putting them in chronological order.

2) Collect your emails to Now TV and their responses, again in chronological order.

3) Collect any text you have with help chat.

All the above is to show when money went from your account, when you found out and what proactive action you took to resolve the issue.

4) Check to see that a PIN is activated on your Now TV account and if not, most importantly, check that a friend or family member has not been using your facilities to purchase stuff behind your back.

5) Be prepared to present your story in a coherent and logical manner, just in case you have to take "small claims" action.

Now all you have to do write to a member of the @Anonymous User to get the ball rolling, their user names are in previous postings in this thread.

Good luck.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - I cancelled after my free trial period. Ever since Now TV have taken £7.99 out of my account each month for over a year now.  At one point they were taking 2 lots of £7.99 out. I cancelled my card, but this did not help. Even after my card expired, they started taking money out of my wife's account.  I have not watched anything on Now TV in over a year.  I have tried to get in touch by phone and e-mail, but have been unable to sort anything out. We are now talking to our bank who have had to replace our cards as the only way to stop Now TV taking money from our account. We would now like a statement from NOW TV to tell us exactly how much they have taken from our accounts - anyone out there?

THIS ALL LOOKS REALLY DODGY!!

Just had live chat 'ended' by Agent 'Shaabul' twice now!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone up for a 'Class action' against NOW TV?... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34402483

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Even after my card expired, they started taking money out of my wife's account. 

Are you sure you haven't set up more than one account?  Perhaps one in your own name and another in your wife's name?  How else would they know your wife's card number to be able to charge it?

Anyway, if you tell your card issuer that you have cancelled your continuous authority for payments to Now TV, the card issuer MUST stop payments immediately.  It's the law.

Mickma64
Advocate

21/7/23. Today I received an email requesting £9.99 per month and welcoming me to the new service.

I had been a NOW broadband customer 2 years ago but I do not have any streaming devices for NOW, and did not request any service.

I attempted to solve the issue online via the chat service but the keypad did not appear so I couldn't respond. 

There's no contact number or email as far as I can see, and the 'bot' only operates to a set of scripted questions that were not relevant.

Can anyone help with providing email addresses or phone numbers to customer services please?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

There is no phone number for TV membership issues. The bot your talking about sounds like the “get help quicker” bot, whereas live chat allows you to speak with staff.

To access live chat you need to click “chat online” within the Green box. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mickma64 

Whilst I remember if you plan to keep your account put a payment PIN on it so nothing can be added without your say so.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

Otherwise email support to close your account.
customer services @ now tv . Com (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help