cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unauthorised Payments Taken

Hi, this is my first posting.  I initially had NowTV on a free 30 day trial which began beginning December.  I renewed myself for a 3 month pass in January which had £20.99 taken from my account which was authorised.  However I noticed today that there is a charge of £6.99 taken from my account and when looking on purchase history it shows I have purchased a Sky Sports one day pass.  This is totally unacceptable and duly unauthorised.  I would expect my next payment for the movies to be in early Apr.  How do I get my payment back.  I have tried to get on the 'live chat' but to no avail, and you cannot access the email either.  Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that this happened. @Anonymous User is right, we are unable to purchase anything on behalf of customers and I also recommend to add the Payment PIN.

I will be sending you an email shortly.

Cheers,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I took out the 14 day free Movies offer in December and indicated that no payent be taken after the trial. This was because i had been bought a 3 month Movie pass which i was going to use after the 14 trial. Surprise, surprise you took the £9.99 anyway. I require this refunding. Would be nice to actually speak to someone about it!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  You can speak to Live Chat about this.  Click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above and hit the Contact Us box on the left of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat & Email options (8am - Midnight).

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI

I Have had an email today saying I have purchased the sporst pass for a day.  I haven't done this it may have been my 3 year old but I can not be sure.  How do I get this sorted?

Craig

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV and click on the Contact Us button at the end of the article. Live Chat should be able to sort you out.

I'd also suggest enabling the Payment PIN to stop them from doing it in the future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

on the 22 of march now tv has taken £75.14 out of my ank account without my autherisation ,please explain why after i cancelld my now tv with urselfes .

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

on the 22 of march now tv has taken £75.14 out of my ank account without my autherisation ,please explain why after i cancelld my now tv with urselfes .

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Whilst logged onto this forum I suggest you visit your Purchase History (in your account) and find out exacly which NOW TV services you've been charged for.

If you wish to contact somebody from NOW TV you can do this by accessing the 'Live Chat' facility, preferably using a Windows or Mac computer (not a mobile device). Here's what you need to do...

When you are logged onto this forum: -

• Click on this: None of the above... link.
  • Scroll down to the 'Contact Us' button (on the bottom left of the web page) and click on it.
  • A new web page should open up with the 'Live Chat' button at the top right of the page.
  • Click on the 'Live Chat' button and a new window should open up, with a range of drop-down options and a 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Now Tv, towards the end of last week I recived, in a deal, a 3 month pass, for Ent. I would like to try your service but due to the massive amount of issues read online about unauthorized payments taken, I will not use your service. If you can confirm another way to prove I'm 18 and a UK resident. Please let me know, as I would use your service if you did not require card details. I do not use credit cards and it seems odd that you restrict your users to needing one. Even though you have a perfectively suitable business model for taking money through real word purchases of passes in stores.

I have a 3 month pass I won't use, unless Now tv help. I will check back to this forum to see if there has been any solutions provided by Now Tv.

Thank you for any suggestions. Oh and I'm not asking anyone (friends or family) for thier credit card details....are you mad?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately as per our Term's of Service a credit or debit card is required to setup a NOW TV Account.

There are no alternative options to this either i'm afraid.

You could try a pre-paid debit/credit card if you have or can get one of those but depending on the card issuer they don't always work on our system.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I also have had 6 months of unauthorised billing for movies taken from my account after adding a free pass. This is not acceptable or legal. Please refund me in full plus the interest I should have had, and a payment for the distress and inconvenience caused.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

when you sign up for a free trial it is explicitly stated both before and once starting the trial that this will renew automatically unless you cancel the pass.

This is also stated in the terms and conditions which you agreed to understanding and authorisation is given upon clicking accept.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team