cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unauthorised Payments Taken

Hi I’ve noticed 2 payments for nowtv come out of my account however I don’t actually have nowtv nor ever used it so logged onto my account and no subscription or payment method saved, can anyone help me speak to someone about money that has debited my account without my permission please as I can’t stop the payments and they keep happening. 

Many thanks 

22 REPLIES 22
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use the link I supplied directly above your post. 

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge

To make 100% there are no duplicate accounts (which can happen) with the same payment details, check this link below. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just spent over 1 hour on to the Customer Service, my accuse has not been active in over 12 months but in the last 3 week nearly 100 euros has been taken from my account and it is not been taken seriously at all, I have learned that my card details were kept with out my permission, and all they keep asking for is my e mail address which they have confirmed at least 10 times is not active but they still have taken the money out of my account.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use the second link in the post above yours to determine how many accounts you have with your payment details.

If you can’t be bothered with live chat. Drop customer service an email

A3CF44A3-3B7E-4D6E-965B-E17421407257.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Gavs82008

Thanks so much, I've just checked and the only account is the one that's has not been in use for over 12 months and they have admitted keeping my card details on file for over 12 months without my permission. No help ay all on the chat
and they didn't seem to understand or care and kept asking the same questions  so I'm 100 euros out there is no other account with my card number attached to it.
I've given them the transaction numbers from my bank and they didn't know what they were but bank has confirmed that Now TV has the money.

The money is gone and they are saying they have no record of it and honestly they dont care.

Regards

Gill
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008 (for Info)

Hi Gill

You are not without resources, you can contact Resolver at:

https://www.resolver.co.uk/complaints/telecoms-complaints

They will help you to get your money back or tell you about the further choices you still have.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had unauthorised payments taken from me by NOW TV for a pass that I didn't set up. They are refusing to refund me so I have contacted the Radio 4 programme You and Yours. I haven't yet had a response, but if enough people contact them about their experience then they might pick it up and run a feature on it. So please contact them if you can. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User   @gavs82008 

Hi Pauly

I just have one question I'd like to ask, i.e. when you found yourself a recipient of an unwanted sports pass, at the time did you have any other current pass in your account?

I'm guessing you did not, you see I think NOW abhors empty and unused accounts, which probably cost them a nominal charge to keep open, so they've changed their T&C's to give themselves the authority to add passes to empty accounts.

Mind you, the above is pure speculation on my part and, rather than go any further, I'll end my post here.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi UK Bob,

I had an entertainment pass. The ridiculous thing is that I'd had the entertainment pass for over 5 years. I didn't use it much, but was happy to leave it running for the convenience of having it there if there was something I wanted to watch. I would have happily left it running as well. I was paying £9.99 a month for it, so it was easy money for NOW. When I found out they'd been taken money for a sports pass and then were not prepared to refund it I cancelled everything.

I will never use this company again. They now only have an expired credit card on record so they won't be able to take any more money from me. They have lost an easy customer who was willing to keep paying for a little used entertainment pass. I had no intention of ever cancelling. Instead, they have been so awful to deal with that I am going to make sure I let as many people as possible know what a terrible company they are. 

Cheers,

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just had another online chat as I wanted to get to the bottom of how it is that a pass can be added to your account without you being aware. The NOW representative admitted that it is possible to add a pass by accident. I guess if you are channel hopping and end up hopping onto and off of a sports channel it automatically adds it to you account. This is the only explanation I can think of that would have led to a sports pass being added to my account. In which case, surely it shouldn't be that easy to accidently add a pass. This is a very underhand way of doing business. Surely NOW should have a duty to ensure customers can't accidently add a pass. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Paul

You said, "if you ... end up hopping onto and off of a sports channel it automatically adds it to you account....this is the only explanation I can think of that would have led to a sports pass being added to my account".

This, to my mind, is a good an explanation as any but back when NOW started this policy they would look for inactive accounts and bestow their "help", by adding a pass or two, to those unfortunate customers.

(So you can now see where the origins of my answer to you came from).

However, these "so called" helpful passes caused such an uproar, by frightening the elderly, bewildering people who were on holiday and found themselves the recipient of this unwanted gift, further upset people who were going through personal turmoil, et al. So NOW recinded the policy, announced that customers who got those passes would not be charged, subsequent monthly subscriptions withdrawn and apologised for the fiasco.

However, some time later, the policy was reintroduced but the way it's now applied is a mystery to most of us.  From time to time you will find postings from very upset customers like yourself that have been given a pass, and subsequent subscription, without knowing why or when.

Regardless of how they apply this disreputable policy they should know enough to not irritate or upset their customers, unless NOW wants to actually loose them.

Later.

UK Bob