cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unauthorised Payments Taken

I cancelled nowtv 5.1.19 I am the only person using account.  I have had 2 payments taken 27th March and 29th April  £7.99 each time . How do I get this money refunded and make sure no unauthorized payments are taken again ? 

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you get an email from NowTV confirming the cancellation?

If not, then the cancellation didn’t go through.

Boilerplate:-

Be aware that the NowTV process for this can easily catch you out; you need to press about four Cancel buttons, at least one of which may be off the bottom of your screen with no scroll bars to indicate there is anything down there, and you haven’t actually Cancelled until you have received an email confirming that you have Cancelled.

So check that now, and make sure you really are Cancelled.

Also, under My Account/Settings & PINs, I recommend you set a Payment PIN, if you haven’t already, which will stop small children, housemates, and other people generally from reactivating your account (it happens!)

Once you are fully cancelled and PIN secured, contact NowTV as below, and ask for these payments to be refunded; if they can see that the service hasn’t been used during that time, they will probably do this for you if all is as you describe.

More boilerplate:

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, keep you answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had three £11.99 (movies) taken from my account on top of the normal pass.  No helpful comment when emailing them and told bank who blocked after the first two and now they’ve taken a third!  I’ve looked and I have no active pass so could I have been hacked?  Would help if there was a contact number to discuss rather than unhelpful email?,

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can use Live Chat to get to the bottom of this:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you but it didn’t escalate

RoyB
Legend

hi @Anonymous User 

I’m not sure what you mean there?