cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unauthorised Payments Taken

Hi, this is my first posting.  I initially had NowTV on a free 30 day trial which began beginning December.  I renewed myself for a 3 month pass in January which had £20.99 taken from my account which was authorised.  However I noticed today that there is a charge of £6.99 taken from my account and when looking on purchase history it shows I have purchased a Sky Sports one day pass.  This is totally unacceptable and duly unauthorised.  I would expect my next payment for the movies to be in early Apr.  How do I get my payment back.  I have tried to get on the 'live chat' but to no avail, and you cannot access the email either.  Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that this happened. @Anonymous User is right, we are unable to purchase anything on behalf of customers and I also recommend to add the Payment PIN.

I will be sending you an email shortly.

Cheers,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have add the same thing happen to me,theres something fraudulant going on

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.. i tried the 30 day trail last month and didnt want to continue therefore i canceled my payments halfway through the trail. i got an email saying a £9.99 payment has been taken! im really disgusted as to why this has happened because it say cancel anytime! and yet im being charged.. i would very much like a refund!! thank you.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox, I have sent you an email regarding your account. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been charged for sky movies pass when I had a gift card from Christmas that I didn't issue until 2 months back, and I didn't renew it for a reason because I was wanting entertainment pass instead this time, please can you either refund me or put it on to entertainment instead, thankyou for your time.....Sarah
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm glad this has been resolved for you.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We purchased a £9.99 month only deal over 4 years ago. We were staying 3 nights in Barcelona & wanted UK TV.!! It seems with all my outgoings this as slipped pass my radar. Simply because we know it was a month one off payment. Please can you look at our account. We willow needing a refund for the duration except the month we used. I can't believe that this as happened when I have never used your service .. Please reply Now TV / Sky..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

We have never offered one off £9.99 payment and we didn't exist yet 4 years ago 😞

Our service is only available in the UK. 

I'll see what can be done and email you shortly.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently bought the sports monthly package.when I checked my bank statement it showed that payment and two others both for 10.99 had been taken from my account on the same day from nowtv.tried using the live chat and found it utterly useless.i want my money back from Sky/now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I signed up for a weeks sky sports pass to watch my favourite football team who was playing twice during that week which was paid upfront,  so why have you taken £9.99 from my account for something else ie Sky movie pass 17 days later ?, something I did not authorise or give you permission for, I am not in the least bit interested in Sky Movies and did not even realise I had it until I saw my bank statement and then investigated further, I have emailed you twice regarding this and had no reply ???

Also today I have spent 40 minutes of my time speaking with my bank and Fraud department to stop this happening again, this to me is fraudulent activity which should be stopped,

if only I had read the reviews of NowTv on the website uk.trustpilot.com before I used this service, this is not an isolated incident is it ? in fact it is quite common place for you to take peoples money without their consent just read the reviews on trust pilot,

I want a full Refund of the money you have taken from my account, which has been taken without my consent

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you or someone with access to your account would have taken out the movie service. It doesn't start without several clicks. I suggest you enable a payment pin if it wasn't you.

As there is a 14 day trial, someone might not have realised that they were committing you to the monthly renewal until cancelled.