cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to view Entertainment Pass on Sony smart TV

I recently set up an account on my Mac for an Entertainment Pass. That works fine.  But when I enter the same email/password into my Sony TV, it's accepted but NowTV says that I don't have any passes.

I used to have a NowTV account on my Sony TV (but not on the Mac) but let it lapse. So I am wondering whether the NowTV system thinks that the email/password combination of my device (Sony TV) is still the old one ?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is no inbuilt NowTV App on the Sony Smart TV platform at the moment.

So i was wondering have you a Youview box connected to your Sony TV or are you trying to cast from your PC or phone to the television ?

If you are using a Youview box, then currently the Youview platform doesn't support a NowTV Entertainment Pass (only on demand movies).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update.  I cleared everything down.  Set up a completely new account on the Mac..one that had never been used on either the Mac or the Sony TV. 

Still have the same problem. I can see the Entertainment offerings on the Mac and can stream Riviera but all that my TV offers me are films ...and if I try to watch a film then I'm told that I don't have a pass.

Very confused here.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is no inbuilt NowTV App on the Sony Smart TV platform at the moment.

So i was wondering have you a Youview box connected to your Sony TV or are you trying to cast from your PC or phone to the television ?

If you are using a Youview box, then currently the Youview platform doesn't support a NowTV Entertainment Pass (only on demand movies).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You're bang on the money, there.   It is a YouView box.  I've got an Apple TV somewhere or other but we recently moved house and surrounded by boxes.😥

Many thanks for your reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

only shows films

nickmorc
Expert 2

Yes the Youview Box only shows films at the moment in very low quality sd. Should hopefully be changing for the better in the near future.