cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to update payment details - going around in circles please help!!

I need to update my card details as I have recently changed banks and have a new card for payment. However I keep running into the same problem over and over again. Update Payment Details on My Account takes me to the Welcome to NowTV sign up page and when I call the number on the email, it takes me to Sky Business... after speaking to two different departments and being on hold for approximately 45 minutes I was then hung up on. I need to resolve this problem as I am receiving daily emails asking for me to make payment but NowTV is making it impossible for me!!! I know it is not just me having this problem, I’m hoping this forum reaches someone as currently I can’t seem to get any support whatsoever!!!!
12 REPLIES 12
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There’s no phone number you can use for this, but Live Chat should be able to assist you:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi RoyB - live chat ended up escalating me but I was told details can’t be updated over live chat and given the phone number that I had previously that took me to Sky Business. I’ve been assured that this is the right number so hopefully I can try again and they won’t hang up on me before I can resolve it.. will keep you posted. Thank you for your advice!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can someone at NowTV fix this issue ! This is truly ridiculous and not the first time this has happened too ! I just received an email that my last bill wasn't paid, when I went to update my card it was impossible, I keep having the same loop and end up on a "subscribed confirm" (excuse me ??) and then "welcome to NowTV" (I have been you client for a few years now hum).

That's unbelievable, why oh why does NowTV have such a non-user friendly, bug ridden website ??  and how come the same issues pop up over and over again, does no one care to fix them ?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can be assured that in the circumstances where you want to pay, and NowTV want you to pay, your interests entirely coincide, and so NowTV will want to ensure your path to doing so is as smooth and straightforward as possible.

That it isn’t stems from the difficulties of designing an automated system that can resolve the unbelievable mess that some NowTV customers can get themselves in, especially when those messes are themselves based on the aforesaid automated system getting it wrong in the first place.... 😞

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well the problem is still going on, the page is still stuck in a weird loop welcoming me as a new client...

My god this website is one terrible mess.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, I keep getting logged off at random places, like this forum is apparently not connected to the main website and you have to reenter your login details (very practical) and other portion of the site will require login in again... is it me or is this website weirdly design with no care for the UX ? Astonishing.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, re the website, there‘s single signon initially, to your Account and to the Community, but after that, they diverge, and you can find yourself signed into one, but not the other.

NowTV are aware of this, but apparently the solution is not trivial, and they are working on it.

Me, I’d just set the TTL of the two sign-ins the same, and spike any activity-based extensions of the TTLs, so things would look like a single sign-on, but this may be too simplistic.

The fixes are that if you find yourself outside the Account, just sign in again. And if you find yourself outside the Community, start a post, which will trigger a Community Sign in Request, and when you are in, Cancel the post.

Yes, I know. Do you want it elegant or do you want it usable? Smiley Tongue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to say I am not sure that Now TV do want me to pay as they are making it impossible. I have updated my payment details but apparently this is not acceptable and I need to be 'present' for the first payment. This means calling the helpline and keying in my card details, having had a card cloned previously I am not happy to do this and I have asked for an alternative. Can I not ask the recording to be switched off and read the details out, but apparently this is not offered. The only option is keying in my details, surely this can't be the case. I am happy to pay but in a manner I am comfortable with.

I have used on line chat for over 3 hours now- been switched across departments more times than I care to remember and no resolution. This really is no service at all and i have reported this to CISAS.

The whole process has been exhausting.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sorry you've experiencing this but I'm glad its not just me.

Now tv email support tends to respond over night and continually asks me to clear my cache and click the link, They don't seem to get it. I've sent them videos of the problem.

I've used chrome, firefox, explorer. I've cleared the cache. I've used 3 different pcs, a mobile and a tablet. It doesn't get out of the loop of death.

I cant find a live chat link that works as live chat is normally offline.

I called the number on the emails where they are asking for payment but there is no now tv telephone help available, only now broadband who couldn't help.

Sorry, I cant do more, Now tv, sort your life out. You need to contact me and arrange payment now or lose a customer. Your website is a joke and your customer service folks have either no comprehension of the problem or no technical ability at all.

Amazon and Netflix and the others offer the same as you and they have websites where I can pay them.